What's new

Pre-Order King Kong (1976) (4k UHD Combo SteelBook) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
422151503_2862155933933809_3410718658636766082_n.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

https://www.amazon.com/King-Kong-St...86819fb662907&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Shout Factory's release a few years back had a different cover from the iconic poster of Kong standing on top of the WTC

How could WTC support Kong, it's just not possible

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Shout Factory's release a few years back had a different cover from the iconic poster of Kong standing on top of the WTC

How could WTC support Kong, it's just not possible

I'm not sure why you're even asking this question. Do you really think a promotional poster would necessarily be realistic? Completely aside from the support issue -- it's not even possible for Kong's legs to support him; square-cube law and all that -- the WTC towers are too far apart for Kong to straddle them.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
I'm not sure why you're even asking this question. Do you really think a promotional poster would necessarily be realistic? Completely aside from the support issue -- it's not even possible for Kong's legs to support him; square-cube law and all that -- the WTC towers are too far apart for Kong to straddle them.

He's stands on top of one of the towers, a 55ft, a thousand something-odd pound Gorilla against a skyscraper, how did it not collapse from his weight?

1705957242397.png

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
You were commenting about the poster. Now you're asking about the film itself.

In any event, you're talking about a 1300-foot steel and concrete tower. How much do you think that weighed? How did the tower support itself?

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
You were commenting about the poster. Now you're asking about the film itself.

In any event, you're talking about a 1300-foot steel and concrete tower. How much do you think that weighed? How did the tower support itself?

Kong does both, so my question is still relevant. I don't know anything about engineering or architectural support.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
While Kong is sure to be considerably heavy, his weight is not likely to be a significant enough burden on the tower than the tower's own weight already is. I wouldn't think it would be a "straw that broke the camel's back" situation.

But bottom line, it's a film about an impossibly large gorilla, so the question of how the tower can handle Kong's weight is meaningless. As the saying goes, "Because aside from that, everything in the movie is completely realistic..."

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Given what happened to the Twin Towers in real life I am sure Paramount just decided to crop and zoom in the original image to hide the World Trade Center and the plane. They also reversed the image and changed the background. They could have commissioned a new poster, but probably due to cost, used what they had.

1705962884103.png

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Given what happened to the Twin Towers in real life I am sure Paramount just decided to crop and zoom in the original image to hide the World Trade Center and the plane. They also reversed the image and changed the background. They could have commissioned a new poster, but probably due to cost, used what they had.

View attachment 210590

Paramount hasn't included the towers since it's first DVD release back in 1999.

1705963696228.png

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks