What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

I will be dropping by more often. (1 Viewer)

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
Brian, that is news to me. I, of course, have thought it was the other way around. But I do not want to say too many negative things about cat show Siameses (on the basis that all cats deserve love), yet I do prefer the more traditional look of the "appleheads."

Exactly, all cats deserve love! You'll probably do fine when you get Zephyr as most Siamese found at shelters are appleheads so unless you go to a breeder you won't have to worry about the wonky looking ones! However, now you have to decide whether you want a Seal, Chocolate, Blue, Lilac, Fire, or Lynx point!? Lately I've been wishing I'd just run into some Lynx points for adoption because they're basically a Siamese Tabby so they look like mini white tigers!

siamese_lynx-point_500.png

No, wait... I don't need another cat! ;) Or do I? :blink:

Meanwhile, I must note the lack of activity my "motorcycle" thread is getting. I refuse to post this notice there, as I do not believe in popping up my own threads. But I sure thought there were more motorcyclists here. Oh well.

I'm probably a bad forum member as my daily visits rely on viewing my Watched threads. Then two-to-three times a month I peruse the entire forum to find new threads. Thus, I didn't even see your motorcycle thread until now. There's a lot to unpack there but I'll try and respond later tonight or tomorrow morning as I'm a recovering motorcycle adventurer who still has a bike in the garage collecting dust that I put nearly 30,000 miles on riding coast-to-coast between 2004-2012 or so!

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Whoa, Brian, that cat looks like a Colorpoint Shorthair. Remember, my beloved Attila the Cat was a Colorpoint Shorthar. Lovely cat.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Brian, that is news to me. I, of course, have thought it was the other way around. But I do not want to say too many negative things about cat show Siameses (on the basis that all cats deserve love), yet I do prefer the more traditional look of the "appleheads."

Meanwhile, I must note the lack of activity my "motorcycle" thread is getting. I refuse to post this notice there, as I do not believe in popping up my own threads. But I sure thought there were more motorcyclists here. Oh well.

Jack, I was an avid motorcyclist back in the day, but my bones are way too brittle for that sort of thing these days. I used to commute about 90 miles a day, five days a week, rain or shine on a Suzuki 850 Sport Tourer (outfitted with a shaft drive). Too many near misses on the road convinced me that it was time to quit bikes.

- Walter.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Walter, that sounds like a Suzuki GS850. I've ridden a few of those. Did it have a blue gas tank?

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
It has been a lot of years ago (back in the 1980s) but I think it was a GS850. It was all black as I recall. I added a Windjammer fairing to the bike which helped greatly in terms of noise reduction and made those long drives home at night in January and February more bearable. I also had a set of hippo hands for the winter commute. Still recall taking my gloved hands off the bars and placing them on the head of the engine while idling at traffic lights during the night rides home. Way, way too old for that sort of nonsense these days.

I had driven a smaller Suzuki bike for the same commute, but the ride would just beat me up on such a diminutive (relatively speaking) bike and I really got tired of the chain maintenance associated with putting so many miles a week on the bike; so when I saw the shaft drive 850 it was a pretty easy upgrade to justify.

- Walter.

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
Whoa, Brian, that cat looks like a Colorpoint Shorthair. Remember, my beloved Attila the Cat was a Colorpoint Shorthar. Lovely cat.

One in the same! The key there is the use of "point" which designates some Siamese genes at play. From what I've read, Colorpoint Shorthairs are Siamese crossed with other breeds and I think the use of the term "Lynx" with Siamese is simply designated to Colorpoint Shorthairs that are white. Still, I'm no expert so I'm just waxing on what little knowledge I have gleamed from the Internets!

Last edited:

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Brian: My understanding is that the Colorpoint Shorthair is a crossing of the Siamese with the American Shorthair. And that is certainly what Attila kept trying to tell me. Lovely, lovely cats.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Hallo Jack! Glad to see you resuming your posting habits. :cool:

(Don't understand how I missed this thread before.)

Great to see your Zephyr plans. Our last cat died (23 years of age) ten years ago, and we decided we weren't taking a new one. It ended a lifetime period with them - always male, BTW. Well -- you know, only one fully male his whole period with us (one day he disappeared for good, untraceably, after 6 years).
If I add my childhood, there even have been periods with cat + dog! It's quite possible and great fun.

Did you see The Irishman already? (I haven't. :( ) I hope it will indeed be on blu-ray later this year.

Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marv74BR
Recent bookmarks