What's new
World Wide Stereo

INTEGRA: ZONE 2 (1 Viewer)

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
Hey, this is the dumb question of the day. But i can't find the answer. Help without insults would be appreciated:).

I have an INTEGRA receiver. i must select ZONE 2 when i wish to watch a movie from a projector (or no video is sent), thus turning on the HDMI out for zone 2; and turn zone 2 off when watching from a tv....though the tv stills does show the movie when zone two is left on. i did not set up the system. Obviously it was done for me.

There is a little indicator lit in the panel of the receiver when zone 2 is on..... EVEN WHEN I COMPLETELY SHUT DOWN THE SYSTEM.

Finally the question: Should i be turning off zone two when i turn off the receiver or is it ok to leave zone two on??....with the indicator glowing.

Thanks for the help. It is appreciated.

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
The zone 2 indication on the panel when you power off zone 1 is normal. Depends on how often you use the projector. If once a week I would turn off zone two until you need it again. Leaving it on wont hurt anything except a little extra wear and tear on your AVR and electricity use.

Jeff Whitford

Screenwriter
I’m guessing whoever set it up for you plugged the HDMI cable Into The zone 2 video output instead of plugging it into the main video output.

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
Thanks for the comment Jeff. My ailing SONY 3D monitor is plugged in to the main video out. It no longer produces reliable 3D pictures. That is why i purchased an Epson projector (beautiful 3D). Most of the time i do use the SONY set (non3D), but when it comes to reliable and beautiful 3D, I turn on zone 2 and the Epson.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertTheBob
Recent bookmarks