What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Pre-Order Irwin Allen Master of Disaster Collection (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
81KIyPxujgL._SL1500_.jpg

Flood! / Fire! / Beyond the Poseidon Adventure / Hanging by a Thread / When Time Ran Out... / Cave-In! / The Night the Bridge Fell Down

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Maybe I have no right to say this, but I had high hopes at first glance. I have never heard of most of these titles outside of THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE and I am surprised THE TOWERING INFERNO is not included. There are standalone BD releases off of POSEIDON and INFERNO so this works well for those that want Allen's lesser-known films that may never have seen a proper release.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Well that's a disappointment. A bunch of TV movies and the grossly inferior Beyond the Poseidon Adventure and When Time Ran Out... do not make up for the absence of the original Poseidon and Towering Inferno.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Well that's a disappointment. A bunch of TV movies and the grossly inferior Beyond the Poseidon Adventure and When Time Ran Out... do not make up for the absence of the original Poseidon and Towering Inferno.

...and Joel, I missed the fact that this is BEYOND THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE and not the first film. So, more of a disappointment, though again, the major films already have a BD release so this second-rate stuff is available for the die-hard Irwin Allen fans.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
...and Joel, I missed the fact that this is BEYOND THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE and not the first film. So, more of a disappointment, though again, the major films already have a BD release so this second-rate stuff is available for the die-hard Irwin Allen fans.
True but The Towering Inferno could really have used a new 4k scan. *sigh* Thanks for nothing again Disney.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I consider Beyond The Poseidon Adventure one of the worst sequels ever made (along with Speed 2: Cruise Control, and Arthur 2: On The Rocks). 🤮

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
I'm wondering if Shout will include the extended TV version of Beyond the Poseidon Adventure and the original theatrical cut and the "Earth's Final Fury" TV cut of When Time Ran Out... in this release.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I thought that Fox did a great job with the punchy looking The Poseidon Adventure Blu-ray. The Towering Inferno could do with a new transfer (4K?), but as it's a Warner/Fox film I suppose there could be complications (I hope not). I'd like When Time Ran Out from that collection, file under, guilty pleasures!

Real Name
Rolf Skrinde
All the classic Irwin Allen films are already available on fine editions, so this compilation of his lesser productions is the perfect set for Allen completists. Yes, we know they're second (uh, third and fourth) rate, but the camp value makes it worth it for those who enjoy these time capsules. Bring it on, Shout Factory.

Last edited:

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I'm wondering if Shout will include the extended TV version of Beyond the Poseidon Adventure and the original theatrical cut and the "Earth's Final Fury" TV cut of When Time Ran Out... in this release.
I'm guessing no since they didn't release them on DVD due to lack of materials but if something changed and they did that would make this a must have for me.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I've heard that they don't have the extended "When Time Ran Out". "Beyond The Poseidon Adventure" also has additional TV only footage (doesn't improve the film but at least we get some closure on some of the characters who aren't seen at the end) that may or may not be available. But I'll admit I'll get this to improve the old Warner Archive releases of the TV movies like "Flood", "Fire" etc.

"Towering Inferno" remember is controlled by Fox for home video in this country so that means it and "Poseidon Adventure" are now in total limbo state under Disney control. "The Swarm" could have been reissued but I don't think there was much else to add to that one except maybe the shorter cut of the film.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
If you’re not going to include his two best films, why bother?

20th Century Fox released his two big blockbusters, which Disney gained ownership when they bought Fox.

Shout would have easily loved to included them, but Disney doesn't share.

I assume that Shout's idea is to get some of the lesser known Allen movies out on Blu-ray.

All of these films are WB releases and probably came as package deal along with other WB titles as well.

With Shout releasing these films there's a better chance at seeing some decent features and maybe even longer cuts for some of these films as well.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
"Flood" and "Fire" are decent enough 70s TV movies for what they are. I'll be glad to retire a couple old Warner Archive DVD-R's with this set.

From 80s stuff, Irwin's better TV movies were non-disaster ones. "The Memory Of Eva Ryker" (Natalie Wood's last role that she lived to see completed though it has an eerie moment when she plays the part of her character's mother and is shown drowned), "Alice In Wonderland" and the courtroom drama "Outrage" (Robert Preston's last role).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks