What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Pre-Order Irwin Allen Master of Disaster Collection (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Specs now reveal that the TV cuts of both "Beyond The Poseidon Adventure" and "When Time Ran Out" will be included (standard definition). Glad that's the case because while they hardly improve the films overall, it's great to have them from an archival standpoint.

brynmill

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
mark bale
Is there a reason why the Captain Nemo mini series isnt included? Different owners/studio ? I know it wasnt really of the disaster genre.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
It's a Warner property but I would have to assume they felt that didn't qualify as a "disaster" project for the set (even though it was a "disaster" of another kind!). That would also rule out Allen's other TV-movies of the 80s.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Well after my copy I pre-ordered from Shout was stolen out of my mailbox while I was away, I got my new copy today. For some odd reason the "Beyond The Poseidon Adventure" disc wouldn't load on my computer (though I could rip features from it) but played okay on my regular player. Don't know if that's a comment on the extra amount of space taken up by including the TV cut which is derived from a TV broadcast recording (but I give credit to Shout for including it when it was offered to them by a Poseidon Adventure fan).

"When Time Ran Out" also has an off-air TV recording of the longer cut. Nice to have included that too. Both movies are still lousy but I give them credit for including these from an archival standpoint.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Well after my copy I pre-ordered from Shout was stolen out of my mailbox while I was away, I got my new copy today. For some odd reason the "Beyond The Poseidon Adventure" disc wouldn't load on my computer (though I could rip features from it) but played okay on my regular player. Don't know if that's a comment on the extra amount of space taken up by including the TV cut which is derived from a TV broadcast recording (but I give credit to Shout for including it when it was offered to them by a Poseidon Adventure fan).

"When Time Ran Out" also has an off-air TV recording of the longer cut. Nice to have included that too. Both movies are still lousy but I give them credit for including these from an archival standpoint.

Stealing from mailboxes, that's a new low.

Shout mostly always goes to extra mile when putting together releases, they're the only company that seems to be able to get studios to let them have longer extended cuts, providing they exist in some shape or another.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Stealing from mailboxes, that's a new low.

Shout mostly always goes to extra mile when putting together releases, they're the only company that seems to be able to get studios to let them have longer extended cuts, providing they exist in some shape or another.
Because of my occupation, I need to rent a P.O. box, which pretty much eliminates this garbage. Once in a blue moon, I’ll get something from Amazon that is dropped at my house, don’t know why (some of their stuff is in my box, and the occasional package will be delivered).

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Because of my occupation, I need to rent a P.O. box, which pretty much eliminates this garbage. Once in a blue moon, I’ll get something from Amazon that is dropped at my house, don’t know why (some of their stuff is in my box, and the occasional package will be delivered).
In this case, I'm now convinced the mailman stole the package after he saw it still in my box after two days. A neighbor has told me that our mailman is a rather suspicious type guy who has done some weird things before. SInce this package was small enough to fit inside the box and not leave outside the door (which is what I initially thought happened) then only the mailman could have filched it.

Went through "When Time Ran Out". I'm a little puzzled that alongside with the TV cut they felt a need to include nearly an hour of just the scenes that include the cut material. That's just taking up more disc space needlessly unless this was their initial plan before going ahead and including the entire TV cut. Whatever the case it was nice to have both cuts available.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuperMarty88
Recent bookmarks