What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Is it safe to say Windows based smartphones are dead? (1 Viewer)

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Every once in a while I get a wild hair from the boredom of using the same phone system (first I did the iphone thing from phone#1 till the 3S) now I'm all Android, but I'm always wanting to play with something new and different.

We use Windows 10 at home (laptops) and I thought maybe trying out a Windows 10 phone would be interesting.I can get a Lumia 950 pretty cheap now but upon reading more about the whole Windows mobile world, it seems it's pretty much dead on the vine. I guess Lumia is going away and they MAY replace with a Surface phone, but not a guarantee.

So now I can't really see the point of getting locked into a 2 year deal with a phone that may not get much support in coming months.

So would (has) anyone here taken the leap into the Windows smartphone world and if so, do you regret it? Love it?

I just hate the wasteland they call their app store with nothing but mainly junk apps that it looks like a 6th grader made with very few mainstream apps we all love to use with iphone/android.

So would you stick with Android or test the waters and try out Windows? I would have 14 day return policy if I took the leap.

Thoughts?

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Well for the most part yes, at least until MS does a surface phone. I have a Lumia 950 and the phone fits my needs for now, It has the apps I use, I chose to stick with it and wait out until the Iphone 8 comes out. I don't think MS will ever fit into the consumer space, it's just owned by Apple and Android, i think they could do ok in ENterprise. I like my 950 i like Windows Mobile and will be sad when I finally move on.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks