What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Vern Dias

Second Unit
Real Name
Theodore V Dias
Although it's not as good as the original, I'm enjoying this remake in CinemaScope and Technicolor. Amusing and tuneful. It helps that I'm a fan of both Jack Lemmon and June Allyson. PQ is excellent, and looks fully restored from the OCN. From my pov the movie is a solid B+, and PQ is an A. As mentioned, this is the first of many great bonus features on this set. For Vol. 4 I hope Columbia/Sony keeps adding extra movies as bonus features.

View attachment 160197 View attachment 160198

I wonder what happened to the original stereo audio? Since the aspect ratio of the movie as presented on the disc is 2.55:1, it had to have come from from a source destined for a 4 track magnetic (not magoptical) 2.55:1 print.

BTW, watch out for this one if you are using MadVR or another tone mapper. I had to disable tone mapping to get the color to be correct, because the disc appears to have been encoded as BT2020 with HDR parameters set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuperMarty88
Recent bookmarks