What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Apple TV+ iTunes 4K Upgrades Thread (2 Viewers)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Kurosawa’s Ran has also downgraded to HD for some reason.
I'm very happy to report that my iTunes copy of Ran is still 4K/Dolby Vision and plays back as such. Not sure what happened to yours.
One more thing I noticed is that the iTunes Ran 4K digital isn't available for purchase here in the States.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
I would call vudu customer service asap. Explain the issue and they should refund you immediately. That’s been my experience with them in these matters.

+1-888-554-8838
I did that and they quickly refunded the purchase. Thank you for the tip!

I find this part of the email puzzling: "Kindly do not purchase or rent the above-mentioned title again as we will not be able to refund it moving forward."

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Interesting Apple TV does indicate 4K but when I play it ...only HD
Where did you buy it? I bought it on Vudu so I didn't get a free upgrade. I'm hoping at some point I'll have an opportunity to repurchase in 4K. But in the meantime we still have the new transfer in HD on iTunes.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Be aware it's the same situation as Vudu. The picture has upgraded to 4K/Dolby Vision but the audio has downgraded to 2.0. This was released theatrically in DTS and even the Laser Disc had an AC-3 (Dolby Digital) track.

Also of note, the movie now opens with a note about the new transfer but it misspells "restoration" as "restauration." The opening title music also seems to start while this note is still on screen.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
IMG_4343.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alianalbuck
Recent bookmarks