What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

General Discussion Jonathan Majors arrested! (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
TMZ seems pretty reliable and the variety article has the exact same info.

🤷🏼‍♂️

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I do not want to presume that Majors is guilty. He is entitled to a fair trial which means presumption of innocence until proven guilty (at least in the court of law if not in the court of public opinion.) Full disclosure, I also like him as an actor. I would be disappointed in him if he did this. No amount of talent or celebrity makes assaulting a woman okay. I am in no way defending assault. If he did what he is accused of, that would be reprehensible. But we do not have all of the facts here.

That being said, if Disney decided to cut ties with him, I don't think it would be that hard. The version of Kang from Quantumania is either dead or presumed dead. Both Loki and No Way Home clearly indicated that variants of the same person are not always played by the same actor. So they could pick a different actor (or combination of actors) to play variants of Kang in upcoming projects if Majors needs to be let go.

The credits scenes from Quantumania show other Kang variants who look like Majors, and he is almost definitely in the second season of Loki which has already been in the works. I suspect the tag with Loki and Mobius in Quantumania is probably lifted directly from Loki, rather than being shot as part of Quantumania. But for any other projects coming which haven't shot yet, it would certainly be possible to recast this part with minimal trouble.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Like I said, I do not want to assume Majors' guilt at this point. I was just pointing out that the storytelling has allowed for an easy method of replacement should that become necessary.

It has been a difficult time for Marvel recently. The collapsing of Quantumania and the Alonso situation and now this potential issue with Majors. Quantumania is something they did to themselves by making a bad movie, but the other issues are external factors not strictly related to their ongoing fictional narrative.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Like I said, I do not want to assume Majors' guilt at this point. I was just pointing out that the storytelling has allowed for an easy method of replacement should that become necessary.

It has been a difficult time for Marvel recently. The collapsing of Quantumania and the Alonso situation and now this potential issue with Majors. Quantumania is something they did to themselves by making a bad movie, but the other issues are external factors not strictly related to their ongoing fictional narrative.
I’m talking about the mindset of society in general and not any specific person in this thread.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Ironically, I’ve been watching Majors all week in new United States Army commercials while watching NCAA basketball games.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Marvel should hold off shooting any Kang scenes as long as they can while the situation resolves itself and then recast if necessary.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Marvel should hold off shooting any Kang scenes as long as they can while the situation resolves itself and then recast if necessary.

I'm pretty sure that the second season of Loki has already been shot. It isn't clear where Majors is intended to show up next. I don't think Kang Dynasty has started yet because it isn't scheduled until May 2025. I think they're starting Captain America: New World Order soon, which is scheduled for 2024. You never know with Marvel, but I would be surprised if Kang is part of that one.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
More about Jonathan Majors, who was formally charged yesterday.

and Variety analysis of the collapse of Quantumania.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks