What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

General Discussion Jonathan Majors arrested! (1 Viewer)

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
If it turns out he didn't do anything there better be serious repercussions to the accuser because it already has damaged his career.
https://www.tmz.com/2023/04/19/jona...rlfriend-clubbing-no-injuries-suicide-threat/

Assuming Majors is innocent, the trial-by-media/public sounds similar to a famous case in Australia back in the 1980s - the Azaria Chamberlain - Dingo case made into the film Evil Angels (aka A Cry In The Dark outside of Australia and New Zealand), which starred Meryl Streep and Sam Neill.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Assuming Majors is innocent, the trial-by-media/public sounds similar to a famous case in Australia back in the 1980s - the Azaria Chamberlain - Dingo case made into the film Evil Angels (aka A Cry In The Dark outside of Australia and New Zealand), which starred Meryl Streep and Sam Neill.

Terrific film by the way.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
Terrific film by the way.

Agreed!

I grew up in Australia and the media coverage seemed non-stop.

I do think the original title Evil Angels is the better title, similar to how I think the original book title Schindler’s Ark is the better title for Schindler’s List. The metaphor is powerful.

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Agreed!

I grew up in Australia and the media coverage seemed non-stop.

I do think the original title Evil Angels is the better title, similar to how I think the original book title Schindler’s Ark is the better title for Schindler’s List. The metaphor is powerful.
Interesting. I prefer A Cry In The Dark as Evil Angels sounds like a horror movie.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Jonathan Majors and the alleged victim can't have contact before his court date.

I don't usually like poking around in the personal lives of public figures. While I like Jonathan Majors as an actor, I feel like this personal business doesn't really concern me. Obviously, I hope he didn't hit a woman, but whether he did or not is for the courts to sort out. It is getting to the point where it is going to have a direct impact on the entertainment that we see, so that is why I continue to be interested in these developments. This order of protection prohibiting contact between Majors and the alleged victim sounds exactly like something that a totally innocent person would need to have ordered of them. Not.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Last edited:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Jonathan Majors appeared virtually in court today. If he is found guilty, he could be imprisoned for up to a year.

While the WGA strike is a massive headache for Marvel Studios in a number of ways, one upside is that it gives them more time to figure out the Kang of it all for the subsequent projects in the Multiverse Saga.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Love how every time a famous-type person is accused of wrong-doing of any kind these days it's always a "witch hunt".

They need to expand their vocabulary.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It's best to hear something official from NYPD and District Attorney's Office. Right now, it's just Major's lawyer doing the talking.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yet no one cared about saying anything until he's on the verge of becoming a major star. A little taste of success then suddenly everyone, everywhere, has an accusation. Such BS.

May be a small blessing for Marvel that Quantumania wasn't a blockbuster as they're likely going to have to recast the role of Kang now.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Yet no one cared about saying anything until he's on the verge of becoming a major star. A little taste of success then suddenly everyone, everywhere, has an accusation. Such BS.
If the reporting in that Rolling Stone article is accurate, people have filed complaints about his volatile behavior going all of the way back to his Yale days.

All of the anonymous sources could just be gossip from people with an axe to grind. But it's equally possible that he has everybody terrified of him.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adityalbarrett
Recent bookmarks