What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Logan Lucky (1 Viewer)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Daniel Craig feels miscast in this one. Just hard to see him as a Southern hick.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Steven Soderbergh always gets the benefit of the doubt in my book; if he's casting Daniel Craig, there's probably a good reason and he'll probably be used well.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
You may very well be right. It's not really fair of me to judge an entire performance based on a three minute trailer. That being said, this trailer left me with the impression that he was trying too hard.

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
At least it doesn't have Will Ferrell. Thank God!!

I might actually see this one.

Some of those guys in the trailer could be my neighbors. Especially the one that knows "all the twitters".

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
This looks like a fun heist film!

I love the oceans movies and will try to see this one in the theater. Which is rare for me these days.

Glad Holmes is doing the soundtrack for this one as well!!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Rotten Tomatoes love this film at 93%. I'll be going to the matinee today so I hope my thoughts of it correspond to the so-called mainstream reviewers.:)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Not much of interest playing at the local cinema in this frame. This and The Hit man's bodyguard seem to be only two worth considering. Of those two, this looks to be the most interesting.

Maybe the oddball casting of Craig in this film is a smarter idea than I first thought. Going to see his performance in this thing seems to be the main draw for me, after watching the trailer several times.

Have to see if I can see it some time this weekend.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Not much of interest playing at the local cinema in this frame. This and The Hit man's bodyguard seem to be only two worth considering. Of those two, this looks to be the most interesting.

Maybe the oddball casting of Craig in this film is a smarter idea than I first thought. Going to see his performance in this thing seems to be the main draw for me, after watching the trailer several times.

Have to see if I can see it some time this weekend.
I wouldn't suggest either film for you.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't suggest either film for you.

Thanks for the heads up, but I think I'll still go to this one. Sometimes, seeing a film that I think I won't like turns out to be the opposite. I didn't think I would like Reservoir Dogs, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels or Snatch and it turned out that I think those are all great films.

Won't know for sure until I actually see it. Have you seen The Hit man's Bodyguard? If you have which one did you like better?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Thanks for the heads up, but I think I'll still go to this one. Sometimes, seeing a film that I think I won't like turns out to be the opposite. I didn't think I would like Reservoir Dogs, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels or Snatch and it turned out that I think those are all great films.

Won't know for sure until I actually see it. Have you seen The Hit man's Bodyguard? If you have which one did you like better?
https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/posts/4514614/

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Were you, personally, in consensus with the audience or with the Rotten Tomatoes score?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertTheBob
Recent bookmarks
SVS Outlet Sale