What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Disney+ Obi-Wan Kenobi (2022) (1 Viewer)

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
It's not planned now but I'm sure it's a possibility and it seems like the viewer numbers are good so I think there's a good chance that it'll happen.

As for Reva, I wouldn't be surprised if they already use the character again in the upcoming Andor series. Then again, we may never see her again.
According to fan sites Vadar killed her in either episode 5 or 6 originally. They altered it once rumors of a second season came out. Since Andor was filmed awhile ago I doubt she would be in this. This may also explain her miraculous recovery and unclear motives in episode 6.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
Wow, if this is true, Disney got a massive hit for a low, low price. Another signal pointing to another season.

Spoiler for those who don’t want to click through: Budget was allegedly $90 million for the series, while Boba Fett was $100m, and shows like Star Trek and the Marvel shows are budgeted at $150m or more.

Episode count? Less for the SW series.

Most actors are lesser names in the SW series in general and also signed on cheaper for initial seasons then resigned for Season 3, Season 4 (STD).

The Marvel series are based on characters who were already on the big screen, and possibly in multiple movies.

So far, the SW series have maximized cheap(er) outdoor settings. The Marvels have been located in towns and cities, probably higher shooting costs with stunts, cars, etc. What percentage of Obi-Wan was shot outdoors or in desert or in a cave?

ST has gotten used to bigger budgets and has probably the biggest SFX costs.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Let’s hope A Jedi’s Return doesn’t get lost in the shuffle of the Disney+ Day’s numerous releases. It’s very good. But the best thing about it might be the interview footage with Alec Guinness on the set of the original Star Wars. I thought I’d seen everything from those days over the past 45 years, but this was new to me.

It’s worth your time.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Let’s hope A Jedi’s Return doesn’t get lost in the shuffle of the Disney+ Day’s numerous releases. It’s very good. But the best thing about it might be the interview footage with Alec Guinness on the set of the original Star Wars. I thought I’d seen everything from those days over the past 45 years, but this was new to me.

It’s worth your time.

I finally got around to watching this and found the whole documentary to be very engaging - and the moments that had McGregor and Christensen together again I found genuinely moving.

I especially loved that little moment where they’re watching the end of Episode III together and joking about having the high ground.

I loved the original trilogy since I was a kid, but those were movies that were already “over” by the time I first saw them. They were history. Well-worn history that I wore out many a VHS copy revisiting, but a story that seemed over and done with. The prequels were special to me when they came out - Star Wars stories that were new, where no one sitting in the audience with me knew any more about how they might end than I did. I loved the visual ingenuity of them, the layered story structure, the ambition, everything about them, really. It never bothered me that they weren’t universally acclaimed, but it did bother me that a select minority of viewers who disliked them weaponized that dislike into something so ugly and hostile. It made me sad that it became “cool” to hate them and to hate on people who liked them and people who worked on them. So perhaps that’s why I found it so tremendously moving to see the returning prequel cast members so embraced and celebrated at the convention appearances shown at the end of the documentary. No one deserves death threats and harassment for appearing in a perfectly harmless fantasy film, and I was glad to see that performers like McGregor and Christensen have had the opportunity in more recent years to hear from people like me who loved their work. Their work on those films and this show was deeply meaningful to me and many others like me and I’m glad they know that.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg

Fascinating article and well worth a read

What I liked about the Vader voice in this show is that it very much sounded like Jones, but with some of the cadences of Christensen’s own voice. These artists did a tremendous job giving us a Vader that sounded like where the character was - halfway between Anakin’s final days in Episode III and A New Hope’s Vader.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Glad to see the show being recognized. BTW, Ming-Na Wen also won for Best Actress in a Streaming Series for The Book of Boba Fett.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I have none of the above, but I also do not subscribe to twitter.
Could it have something to do with you being in Canada? If you have a VPN, maybe connect to a U.S. server and try again to see if the problem persists.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks