What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

PHE Press Release: Collateral (4k UHD) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx Star in the Acclaimed Action-Thriller,
Arriving on 4K Ultra HD For the First Time

2020-09-28_12-31-53.png

COLLATERAL

4K UHD/Blu-ray™ Combo Arrives December 8, 2020

Director Michael Mann’s intense thriller COLLATERAL arrives on 4K Ultra HD for the first time ever when the new 4K Ultra HD/Blu-ray Combo debuts December 8, 2020 from Paramount Home Entertainment.

Remastered under the supervision of the director, this new 4K Ultra HD presentation features HDR (High Dynamic Range) for more detail, brightness, vivid color, and greater contrast. The Blu-ray in the Combo Pack is also remastered, offering an exceptional viewing experience.

The 4K Ultra HD/Blu-ray Combo includes access to a Digital copy of the film, as well as the following previously released bonus content:

• o Commentary by Director Michael Mann
  • o City of Night: The Making of Collateral
  • o Special Delivery
  • o Deleted Scene with Commentary
  • o Shooting on Location: Annie’s Office
  • o Tom Cruise & Jamie Foxx Rehearse
  • o Visual FX: MTA Train

A stylish and compelling noir thriller, COLLATERAL received both critical and audience acclaim. Tom Cruise gives a chilling performance as Vincent, a cool, calculating contract killer at the top of his game. Jamie Foxx received an Academy Award® nomination* for his portrayal of Max, a cabbie with big dreams and little to show for it. The film showcases the actors as Max transports Vincent on his next job - one night, five stops, five hits and a getaway. And after this fateful night, neither man will ever be the same.

COLLATERAL 4K UHD/Blu-ray Combo
Street Date: December 8, 2020
U.S. Rating: R for violence and language

*Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role, 2005

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

“ACADEMY AWARD®” is the trademark and service mark of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.

Last edited:
Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I'm curious how this will look in UHD. I'm hesitant to say 4K UHD as this is a hybrid production with both 1080p and 2K cameras used in addition to 35mm and finished as a 2K DI. There are certain scenes that betray their video origins.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm curious how this will look in UHD. I'm hesitant to say 4K UHD as this is a hybrid production with both 1080p and 2K cameras used in addition to 35mm and finished as a 2K DI. There are certain scenes that betray their video origins.
I keep seeing comments like that, but, I have a difficult time distinguishing such 4K UHD discs from those that are derived from native 4K material. If I'm at my normal sitting position in front of my 65" OLED and the disc is playing, generally, I can't tell a difference. Now, if I get up close to the screen and pay particular attention to a particular scene then I can see some differences.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I keep seeing comments like that, but, I have a difficult time distinguishing such 4K UHD discs from those that are derived from native 4K material. If I'm at my normal sitting position in front of my 65" OLED and the disc is playing, generally, I can't tell a difference. Now, if I get up close to the screen and pay particular attention to a particular scene then I can see some differences.
When I say "betray their video origins", keep in mind that I'm referring to how they appear in motion. There's a textbook one of these in Once Upon a Time in Mexico, where Johnny Depp says he has to go shoot the cook and the handheld 1080p camera follows him into the kitchen as he does so. There's a resolution breakdown that clearly shows that RR is shooting digital, and there are several instances of this in Collateral, Miami Vice and Public Enemies.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
It's been a while since I've seen it, but I remember Collateral as having a very digital look, with a fair amount of video noise in the image, as Mann was pushing the technology, shooting mostly at night with minimal lighting.

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
Nice to see a studio actually confirm the included blu-ray is also the remastered version, unlike the majority of studios who just toss in the old blu transfer and say nothing.

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
Once he started shooting digital, Mann fully gave up any pretense of his movies having a "filmic" appearance anymore. If he'd wanted to, there were other digital cameras he could've used with a more traditionally film-like look. The Thomson Viper cameras were known for a particularly "video" aesthetic. When I saw Collateral in the theater, it felt to me like the whole movie had been shot on camcorder. I liked the movie overall, but really hated the look of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks