What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Pre-order ROBOT MONSTER on 3-D Blu-ray! (1 Viewer)

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
The Blu-ray (no 4k) will have both a Blu-ray 3-D version (which will also play in 2D) and an anaglyph 3-D (red/cyan glasses) version. Retail release is expected to be later 2nd quarter 2022.
Sorry I ment the 4K transfer to Bluray!! So nice to see this orphan get some love!!!

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I'm probably the last to know that this is actually happening and will be released.

Fully funded via Kickstarter, with lots of great stuff for collectors.

A well thought-out and programmed campaign.

And from the only surviving full 3D elements.

I'll be purchasing a copy, especially as a visitor to Bronson cave.

Thought this was only a forthcoming rumor.

Very pleased for Mr. F. and company!

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
My prayers have been answered!!! Is there a date for general pre-order yet? As mentioned earlier in th thread, slated for late 2nd quarter 22, is right about where we are now...?
The soft spot for this film riuns deep...Good on ya 3-D Archives...just take my money NOW!!!

Attachments

• RObo Madness copy.jpg
    RObo Madness copy.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 34

Kent K H

Supporting Actor
The dates have been shifting because of attempts to get the best elements available. Fortunately, the 3DFA has a stellar reputation and have been giving updates on the process, so there's nothing to worry about.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
And I believe Bob just said somewhere else that he has just recently received more details about the elements he was hoping for, so things should begin to move along nicely once the paperwork is official (I think).

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I'm probably the last to know that this is actually happening and will be released.

Fully funded via Kickstarter, with lots of great stuff for collectors.

A well thought-out and programmed campaign.

And from the only surviving full 3D elements.

I'll be purchasing a copy, especially as a visitor to Bronson cave.

Thought this was only a forthcoming rumor.

Very pleased for Mr. F. and company!
I grew up in So Cal and always would go to Bronson cayon, that was close to Griffith Park and the observitory. After watching the movies shot there it always amazed as to how small they where, and how massive they looked on film, LOL!!! Real movie magic!!
Sci Fi Halloween GIF by filmeditor

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
We are very pleased to announce the distributor for our 70th anniversary ROBOT MONSTER restoration on 3-D Blu-ray and DVD; Bayview Entertainment!

BayView Entertainment, LLC, has been one of America's leading independent distributors of feature films, fitness, wellness, and special-interest video releases for over 19 years. With hit films such as “THE ENORMITY OF LIFE” (starring Breckin Meyer), “BURNING BODHI” (starring Kaley Cuoco), and the 2023 sensation “SKINAMARINK” leading the way, BayView’s development in independent cinema has made it one of the fastest growing names in the field. Incorporating catalogs from Mutiny Pictures, VIPCO, Monterey Media, Bennett Marine Video, and many others, BayView is positioned to expand even further in years to come.

BayView's programs are available on the major streaming sites around the world plus on DVD and Blu-ray. BayView can be found online at https://www.bayviewentertainment.com/ and their Facebook page is http://www.facebook.com/bayviewentertainment ROBOT MONSTER is our inaugural release with this great company and we couldn't be more pleased.

The stereoscopic cinematography is excellent and comparable to the major studio 3-D productions in 1953.

In addition, we are thrilled to share the 3-D Blu-ray cover artwork with you. This original illustration is from the remarkably talented artist, Stewart McKissick. We love it!

Robot-full.png

Look for this exciting region free release from Bayview Entertainment in the summer of 2023!

#bayviewentertainment

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
We are very pleased to announce the distributor for our 70th anniversary ROBOT MONSTER restoration on 3-D Blu-ray and DVD; Bayview Entertainment!

BayView Entertainment, LLC, has been one of America's leading independent distributors of feature films, fitness, wellness, and special-interest video releases for over 19 years. With hit films such as “THE ENORMITY OF LIFE” (starring Breckin Meyer), “BURNING BODHI” (starring Kaley Cuoco), and the 2023 sensation “SKINAMARINK” leading the way, BayView’s development in independent cinema has made it one of the fastest growing names in the field. Incorporating catalogs from Mutiny Pictures, VIPCO, Monterey Media, Bennett Marine Video, and many others, BayView is positioned to expand even further in years to come.

BayView's programs are available on the major streaming sites around the world plus on DVD and Blu-ray. BayView can be found online at https://www.bayviewentertainment.com/ and their Facebook page is http://www.facebook.com/bayviewentertainment ROBOT MONSTER is our inaugural release with this great company and we couldn't be more pleased.

The stereoscopic cinematography is excellent and comparable to the major studio 3-D productions in 1953.

In addition, we are thrilled to share the 3-D Blu-ray cover artwork with you. This original illustration is from the remarkably talented artist, Stewart McKissick. We love it!

Robot-full.png

Look for this exciting region free release from Bayview Entertainment in the summer of 2023!

#bayviewentertainment
Love it Bob!!! First class, I'd expect nothing less!!! I love the Cecil inclusion, nice touch!

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I'm pleased that this will have an anaglyph 3-D version because my seven year old 60" LG 3-D TV has major problems and I will be replacing it for a larger screen TV soon but which of course will not be 3-D capable. I will still have my spare 42" 3-D Panasonic TV in another room but it will be good to also have the option of watching 3-D on the new large screen even if it's only anaglyph. Hopefully that option can be included for future 3-D releases.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
I'm pleased that this will have an anaglyph 3-D version because my seven year old 60" LG 3-D TV has major problems and I will be replacing it for a larger screen TV soon but which of course will not be 3-D capable. I will still have my spare 42" 3-D Panasonic TV in another room but it will be good to also have the option of watching 3-D on the new large screen even if it's only anaglyph. Hopefully that option can be included for future 3-D releases.
Agree with Doug about the anaglyph 3-D. I've never owned a 3-D enabled television and watch 3-D films on my projector. I watched the anaglyph version of The Diamond Wizard on my Panny OLED and was astounded by how good it looked. Keep them coming.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Jack Theakston and I are finishing up assembly on the June/July 1953 trailers segment for our ROBOT MONSTER 3-D Blu-ray release from Bayview Entertainment. Peppered with original snipes, this a fun compilation of movie previews that were seen in various Los Angeles theatres when ROBOT MONSTER premiered on June 24, 1953. Among the rarities, the original coming attraction trailer for SIDE STREETS OF HOLLYWOOD!

This primarily flat movie had one 3D section; the short MADONNA AND HER BUBBLES which is another bonus extra on this release. You'll be seeing her delightful stereo bubbles for the first time ever in discrete polarized 3D, scanned from the original left/right 35mm camera negatives!

446-D082-C-4-EF0-49-B5-AD5-D-8-D21047-CD2-F3.jpg

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
This release should include the Mystery Science Theater 3000 version with interviews with the cast ( Joel, Trace, Josh, etc) to sweeten the pot even more :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertTheBob
Recent bookmarks
SVS Outlet Sale