What's new

R.I.P Lance Kerwin (1 Viewer)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Such a part of my childhood. He did some excellent work at a young age.

Sure wish we could get the James series. I avoided that when I was a kid thinking it was girls stuff. Regret that..

pssst1.jpg

The Afterschool Special "Pssst! Hammerman's After You!" (aka, The 18th Emergency) that Lance did with a perfectly cast Christian Jutner (as "Mouse") is among my favorite things in the whole wide world. It's about bullies; even having children consider that maybe they are the bully. It also covers being an outsider and having friendships that pull you through all this. It's superb and even better than the children's book that inspired it. The special also stars a young Willie Ames and character actor Titos Vandis, who was just off acting in The Exorcist as the uncle to the Father Karras character. Also, Penny Santon who is priceless in this.

Last edited:

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Wanted to add that Gettyimages has a ton of images from Hammerman. Some behind the scenes. The quality is far beyond the DVD release of that film. High quality photos. Stunning to see those after all these years. (don't mean to hijack thread. Hammerman shaped my life a bit. It's a holy grail. looking at those images is like Saturday mornings. hanging out with my childhood friends. learning about life. Not worrying about death)

Gettyimages Hammerman
(drop a little ways down. There might be a page 2. Includes a shot of Willie Aames)

Also wanted to add The Mysterious Stranger with Kerwin, Chris Makepeace and Fred Gwynne is on youtube. Two versions. I haven't had the chance to compare those. But they seem better than what I already have. The VHS has been oop for a long time of course. I encountered quite of few of these old films like that on VHS (a few DVD) in Salvation Army and Good Will stores. But not that one.

740full-lance-kerwin.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks