What's new
World Wide Stereo

Receiver for 3.1 speaker setup (1 Viewer)

newbie11

Auditioning
Real Name
Bob
Hi,

I realize this is waaay below the level of sophistication of systems you normally discuss here, but I'm hoping the experts on this forum can help me out.

I just got a new TV (Vizio M65-E0) that has only one HDMI port capable of handling 4K UHD input. I have two devices currently that output 4K UHD (Blu Ray player and Roku) and it's possible that I'll be adding more in the future. Because of my room setup (and my wife's wishes) I can't do rear speakers.

So what I'm looking for is a receiver that can handle 4-5 4K UHD inputs, and give me good sound the best possible sound with just the three front speakers. I'd like to be able to adjust the volume on the center speaker separately to make voices easier to hear in movies. As for cost, it'd be nice if I could get it for less than $500, but that's not a hard upper limit.

I'm also looking for recommendations for what subwoofer to get, and what speakers to get for the left, right and center channels for below $500 total. Again, that's not a hard upper limit. I've posted a separate thread for speaker recommendations at https://www.hometheaterforum.com/co...peakers-and-subwoofer-for-a-3-1-setup.355237/

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Any receiver in your price range will work fine - there’s nothing special needed for 3.1 use. You can peruse the manufacturer’s websites as easily as we can to find one with the features you need. However, it’s highly unlikely you’re going to find any with an easy “grab and go” volume for the center channel speaker.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

newbie11

Auditioning
Real Name
Bob
Any receiver in your price range will work fine - there’s nothing special needed for 3.1 use. You can peruse the manufacturer’s websites as easily as we can to find one with the features you need. However, it’s highly unlikely you’re going to find any with an easy “grab and go” volume for the center channel speaker.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
Too bad about the volume control, but maybe just having a center speaker will give me enough boost to the vocals.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertTheBob
Recent bookmarks
SVS Outlet Sale