What's new
World Wide Stereo

Sony XBR65X900F settings question (1 Viewer)

Foxman

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Russ
Hey guys, I just upgraded from an older Samsung to an XBR65X900F and am impressed by the picture already. I have turned down some of the color, brightness, and various settings just to get them off of the factory max setting. I am curious if anyone has a standard-setting calibration suggestion for the set? My apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere.

I am not a gamer at all. Predominantly, this is an over the air network TV with some Netflix/Amazon/Disney streaming as well as an occasional DVD (Blue Ray when available).

I figured out yesterday that the settings must be adjusted for each input.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Well, every TV is different, but for sure you want to set the temperature to “Warm” or “Low.” That will get you whites that look white, instead of that pale-blue tint. I think you can get noise with the “Sharpness” control set too high, so watch out for that. Often the “Color” control gets you “hot” flesh tones. I try to make flesh tones look as natural as possible. This usually requires dialing back the “Color” setting.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Basic picture settings for the model of TV set that you bought. There is no guarantee that these settings will give you a picture that you like, so record your old settings in case you need to go back to them. There is a lot of pretty basic information. He goes over the settings pretty thoroughly, but does not get into adjusting individual colours or other more advanced settings that would require the use of a colorimeter and calibration software.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks