What's new
World Wide Stereo

speaker options to replace Bose Acoustimass 10 system (same expectations, only smaller) (1 Viewer)

D Beck

Auditioning
Real Name
Derek
Hello all,

So I'm trying to setup my speakers for 5.1.

I have a Bose Acoustimass 10 series III that I'm likely going to put on Craigslist (the module, the special wires, etc, are too big to hide). Any recommendations on what hardware? I'm hoping any system will be:

1) As good or better of sound as the Bose (I know some audiophiles hate Bose, but it was fine to me)
2) Modular: I don't want to have replace the whole thing again because of one piece not working for me...
3) Approx less or equal to $1200 for all 5.1 speakers (or 3.0 sound bar, 2 rear, 0.1 woofer that can be hidden better)

I have an AV receiver that's pretty good, but will likely need an upgrade as it has no HDMI connections.

My vision is: a really good bar or small speakers around the TV. Two speakers behind the couch connected via standard speaker line (or maybe ceiling inset ones). Some easy way to connect media devices to the speakers (via AV receiver for instance). Modular enough to add speakers later for Atmos.

Thanks for the tips!
Derek

728x90

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks