What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Disney+ The Book of Boba Fett (December, 2021) (1 Viewer)

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I also didn’t get all the excitement about Cad Bane. I had no idea who he was and had to look him up. He seemed to be a pretty mediocre character at best.
I watched maybe a season and a half of clone wars and never finished, so I recognized the character, though I honestly forgot his name and what he was all about. But I totally could see him being inspired by Angel Eyes in Good Bad and the Ugly and generally enjoyed his presence on Boba Fett.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
The excitement comes from being a fan of the Clone Wars series as he was a major villain for one of the seasons.

This show has been a very rewarding continuation of threads left hanging from some of the animated shows, but I do wonder how that plays to audiences not expecting such things.
I tried watching the Clone Wars and lasted about an episode and a half before moving on to other things.

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I also didn’t get all the excitement about Cad Bane. I had no idea who he was and had to look him up. He seemed to be a pretty mediocre character at best.
I had no idea who he was either but I thought he was very cool and bad ass. I loved his delivery. Sad to see him go. Seemed like a great villain.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
As a nerd watching the continuity, I was glad that they briefly acknowledged the shared history between Boba and Bane and that Cad Bane was a pretty old guy. Thanks to a comic book, it's been established that Bane worked for Darth Maul prior to The Phantom Menace (which took place about 40 years prior to this episode) and that would likely put Bane in his late 60's or 70's. Not that's that too old for the world but it's old for bounty hunting.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
As a nerd watching the continuity, I was glad that they briefly acknowledged the shared history between Boba and Bane and that Cad Bane was a pretty old guy. Thanks to a comic book, it's been established that Bane worked for Darth Maul prior to The Phantom Menace (which took place about 40 years prior to this episode) and that would likely put Bane in his late 60's or 70's. Not that's that too old for the world but it's old for bounty hunting.
I think that would depend on how his species ages. Look at Yoda.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Just another Filoni Fan Fic character (like Ahsoka and Bo Kataan) spliced in to appease Filoni cartoon fanboys.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
If they hadn't made reference to his age, that's how I'd explain it too but my possibly incorrect thought is that most humanoid species in a galaxy far, far away age similar to a human.
You may be right. On the other hand, Yoda seems pretty humanoid to me and he lived to be 900 years old, AND he has a nose.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I thought it was strange how they missed an opportunity for Fett to take personal vengeance against the Pike leader once Bane revealed to him that it was the Pikes and not the speeder gang that killed his adopted Tusken tribe.

He personally wipes out the speeder gang, but just leaves it to Fennec to assassinate the Pike leader, instead of somehow contacting her and telling her to take him alive, so he could feed him to the Rancor.

I didn't hate this series. It was just badly paced and had some strange choices as far as how the story unfolds. Not one of Filoni and Favreau's best efforts, regardless of the appearance of Cad Bane, whose appearance was also cut short before any real development of the character could be done.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I enjoyed the series. It was uneven with storytelling and pacing issues, and I don’t particularly like the direction of Rodriguez, but it also had some really great stuff.

I agree that it’s a little frustrating that they pretty much reversed the new status quo of Din Djarin and Grogu so quickly, but at the same time everything surrounding them in this was the best stuff of the series.

The moment Boba mentioned that the Bacta tank was already being used I figured it was going to be either Vanth or Bane. I hoped it was Vanth because he’s a great new character and the last episode already left me with the impression that he could have possibly survived.

Bane would have made less sense because why would Boba want to save him? But I thought maybe he could have some reason that would be explained later. The main reason I hoped it could have been him was that Cad Bane is such a cool villain that it is an absolute shame to kill him off so soon. In a series of serialized stories like this, great villains should stick around. So while I see what they were going for with having Boba defeat him, Bane‘s death was a big disappointment for me. But still, I was glad the second they showed Vanth in the tank.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Save him so he can feed him to the rancor later. :)
Yeah, that would be a reason! And then he could escape and wreak havoc for the heroes later!

I was wondering about the blinking light on his chest in that last shot of him on the ground. Do you think that’s just a random Star Wars-y outfit accessory? Or could that be some sort of life support tech? One of the reasons Bane was always so formidable (besides just being an absolute badass) was that he always had so much tech to deal with any obstacle, including Jedi. I’m expecting that he’s dead-dead, but I’m still kind of hoping that he could pop back up again.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
And im disappointed that Grogu's custom armor turned out to be a chain mail shirt that he wore under his cloak. We didnt even get to see it.

But they showed the armorer forging the chain mail links when she made it. I expected it to be a mail shirt because that’s what they showed her making.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, that would be a reason! And then he could escape and wreak havoc for the heroes later!

I was wondering about the blinking light on his chest in that last shot of him on the ground. Do you think that’s just a random Star Wars-y outfit accessory? Or could that be some sort of life support tech? One of the reasons Bane was always so formidable (besides just being an absolute badass) was that he always had so much tech to deal with any obstacle, including Jedi. I’m expecting that he’s dead-dead, but I’m still kind of hoping that he could pop back up again.
I think he's dead but a week ago, I thought Cobb Vanth was dead so what do I know? That blinking red light of unknown function does give a potential way to bring him back though.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I think he's dead but a week ago, I thought Cobb Vanth was dead so what do I know? That blinking red light of unknown function does give a potential way to bring him back though.
Right.

I actually just went back and rewatched that scene. The light does not start blinking until Boba stabs him. And then it starts blinking and making a sound. I’m actually more convinced now that it was something put in there to explain a potential return. But I won’t hold my breath either.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Right.

I actually just went back and rewatched that scene. The light does not start blinking until Boba stabs him. And then it starts blinking and making a sound. I’m actually more convinced now that it was something put in there to explain a potential return. But I won’t hold my breath either.
That's interesting and yeah, that's definitely a setup for a potential return of the character in a potential second season of this show.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I'm with TonyD. Bane is too good a character to be killed off so quickly, and considering the very positive reaction to his inclusion in this show, I doubt that Disney is ready to say goodbye to him just yet. Of course, they could always bring him back via flashback scenes, but I have a feeling he's got more to do with moving the story forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuperMarty88
Recent bookmarks