What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The District - Will it ever be released on DVD ? (1 Viewer)

chsblr

Auditioning
Real Name
Barry
Hi ,
I love the show, "The District", but have never seen it sold on DVD.
Does anyone here know how or if it's available to purchase?

Thanks........ Barry

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Hi ,
I love the show, "The District", but have never seen it sold on DVD.
Does anyone here know how or if it's available to purchase?

Thanks........ Barry

Late response, but nothing's changed since you asked the question back in November. Sorry Barry, but The District has never been released - at least in Region 1. Also, when browsing for shows in other regions, I haven't come across it, so I doubt it's been released anywhere.

However, currently it's on late at night (2 back-to-back episodes 5 days a week) on the Heroes & Icons (H&I) channel. So if you get that one, you should go ahead and record the episodes from there. During this week, they're starting over again with the pilot episode, so it's a good time to start recording if you don't already have the episodes.

I knew of the show when it originally aired, but it was always part of the CBS Saturday night schedule, so I never saw it until H&I started rerunning it a few years ago. I became a fan and would gladly purchase DVDs or BDs of the 4-season series, but I don't think it will ever happen.

At this stage of the physical media game, I no longer expect to see a release of any show that's more than 10 years old unless it a) already had a prior release, b) is a sci-fi/fantasy/cult favorite, c) is public domain, or d) any combination of a, b or c.

Plus, there was some music used in this series; not a lot but occasionally. I don't think any company will want to take the time to get rights or try to edit or replace music on a show that probably wouldn't be a huge seller anyway.

As a fan of this and various other unreleased series, I'd love to be proven wrong someday, but your best bet nowadays is to record them when and if they show up on one of these oldies channels.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks