What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The Double Life Of Véronique 4K UHD (1 Viewer)

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Gorgeous release from Curzon - the new restoration looks similar to the result of the recent Criterion 4K UHD Three Colors trilogy, with fine grain now evident, more details visible in the shadows and an absolutely glorious 5.1 soundtrack. The Zbigniew Preisner soundtrack to the film was in every student flat in my day. The colour grading seems to be very close to that of the Criterion blu-ray, so I don't expect this time round there will be screams from pearl-clutching internet reviewers, claiming that what they saw 30 years ago theatrically was utterly different.

IMG_3082.jpeg
IMG_3080.jpeg
IMG_3081.jpeg

Last edited:

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
I sold my Criterion to buy this, and then I read in a private site that the Curzon release has audio parts missing in the 2.0 audio. E.g. at around 20 min mark you will notice that during the background noise (prolly bus ride) there is some dialogue/monologue at Criterion, but that is missing on Curzon. And furthermore, there are several instances you find audio parts missing in Curzon.

edit: Well, I checked myself right now at the spot mentioned and I cannot spot the difference. Strange.

Last edited:

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
I sold my Criterion to buy this, and then I read in a private site that the Curzon release has audio parts missing in the 2.0 audio. E.g. at around 20 min mark you will notice that during the background noise (prolly bus ride) there is some dialogue/monologue at Criterion, but that is missing on Curzon. And furthermore, there are several instances you find audio parts missing in Curzon.

edit: Well, I checked myself right now at the spot mentioned and I cannot spot the difference. Strange.
There have been no comparisons by people who are trustworthy. There was much nonsense posted about the colour grading on the 4K Three Colours Trilogy and I steer clear of blu-ray.com for video analysis. Regarding all the chatter about so-called low-pass filtering done by Criterion on their 4K UHD set; projected onto a large screen, the fine grain in the majority of scenes is really beautiful in the trilogy and the image is replicated by Curzon on Véronique. I would expect Criterion to release The Double Life Of Véronique on 4K UHD in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks