What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
The cover says The Huntsman: Winter’s War is “the story before Snow White,” and that is only partially true, as this new film takes place before and after the previous film, offering something of an origin story for Hunstman Eric (Chris Hemsworth) during its first act, giving us the story of the Wicked Queen Ravenna’s younger sister Freya (Emily Blunt) during its remaining running time. The landscapes, set design, and costumes are all captured beautifully on this first day and date 4K UHD release from Universal.

Disc Information

Studio:
Distributed By:
Video Resolution:

Aspect Ratio:
Audio:

Subtitles:
Rating:

Run Time:
Package Includes:

Case Type:

Disc Type:
Region:

Release Date:
MSRP:

The Production...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Checked this movie on VUDU and FandangoNow.

On my Samsung UHD Blu-ray player, VUDU only gives me HDX or SD options with Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 audio, and the movie is not cropped!

FandangoNow was a disaster, although I can watch in UHD, but with the soundtrack for Luc Besson's Lucy. When I called their customer service, the initial response was "Well, you didn't purchase this from us, so you will have to contact UV about the issue you are having." I spent the next five minutes trying to explain that this is an issue on FandangoNow's side as there is apparently something wrong with thier file for this movie, got nowhere, and then asked for a supervisor. Was placed on hold for several minutes, then was told "We checked the movie, and there is nothing wrong with the audio." I asked her if she played further than the Universal logo, and asked her if the music that accompanied the logo was the Universal fanfare or not (The Huntsman doesn't use the fanfare), she said she wasn't sure, but she would go check again. She came back and agreed that there is an audio issue with the title, apologized for her initial attitude, said she would file an escalation report on the title, and issue me a free rental coupon. But this isn't the first time I've received that kind of attitude from FN, and that is one of the reasons why I prefer discs, because if there is an issue with my physical disc, I can either return it to the store during the exchange period or contact the studio's customer service department for a replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adityalbarrett
Recent bookmarks