What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The One...The Only...JAWS (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
On my way to a screening of Jaws with Richard Dreyfuss in attendance.

1714857346387.jpeg

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
The Iowa theater in winterset Iowa will have a screening of the film on July 3rd this year. I guess it’s a tradition…

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Pretty cool evening. Front row center seats. Amazing crowd that was so into Jaws. Knew every line. Cheered every scene. And even sang along to “Show me the way to go home.”

Dreyfuss was great and told many stories. A bit incoherent and rambling at times tho.

More tomorrow. Very tired. Great time tho. To be that close to Hooper and Neary was awesome. 😊

1714883640855.jpeg

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
@Tino - Any new stories or tid bits that were new for you? There's been so much written about Jaws I am always on the hunt to learn something I haven't heard about before. Thx
Not really. Certainly not about Jaws.

However he made it perfectly clear he was not happy with his portrayal in The Shark Is Broken on Broadway ( which I saw). He said it was all BS and the people behind it decided to make him look like a schmuck. He said it felt like an open wound.

He’s also gone on record with his displeasure with Spielberg and Gottlieb whom he feels perpetrated the Shaw vs Dreyfuss animosity during filming for publicity purposes. You could feel his obvious pain.

Last edited:

Robert Saccone

Premium
Not really. Certainly not about Jaws.

However he made it perfectly clear he was not happy with his portrayal in The Shark Is Broken on Broadway ( which I saw). He said it was all BS and the people behind it decided to make him look like a schmuck. He said it felt like an open wound.

He’s also gone on record with his displeasure with Spielberg and Gottlieb whom he feels perpetrated the Shaw vs Dreyfuss animosity during filming for publicity purposes. You could feel his obvious pain.
Yep I had read an interview after I had seen it twice where he didn’t like the play and I had the thought he might not the first time I saw it. However I am still glad I saw it as I enjoyed seeing a lot of the things I had read about play out on stage. Was also nice that my daughter and I got to meet Ian Shaw afterward. I’ve read and heard enough about Robert Shaw that I believe he was very competitive person and it wouldn’t surprise me if there’s a kernel of truth behind some of those stories between him and Dreyfuss. Shaw was an alcoholic and having had some experience with the disease they often find someone in the group to pick on.

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Yep I had read an interview after I had seen it twice where he didn’t like the play and I had the thought he might not the first time I saw it. However I am still glad I saw it as I enjoyed seeing a lot of the things I had read about play out on stage. Was also nice that my daughter and I got to meet Ian Shaw afterward. I’ve read and heard enough about Robert Shaw that I believe he was very competitive person and it wouldn’t surprise me if there’s a kernel of truth behind some of those stories between him and Dreyfuss. Shaw was an alcoholic and having had some experience with the disease they often find someone in the group to pick on.
I loved the play. And I agree that some of it was pretty accurate. But I also can see how it would upset Dreyfuss.

My wife and I both met Ian Shaw and the actor who played Scheider. Funnily enough the actor who played Hooper didn’t come out to meet the fans. This was shortly after Dreyfuss voiced his displeasure.

Robert Saccone

Premium
I loved the play. And I agree that some of it was pretty accurate. But I also can see how it would upset Dreyfuss.

My wife and I both met Ian Shaw and the actor who played Scheider. Funnily enough the actor who played Hooper didn’t come out to meet the fans. This was shortly after Dreyfuss voiced his displeasure.
Same thing when I took my daughter, the actor who played Hooper did not come out as well. This was in October if memory serves.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoneman66
Recent bookmarks