What's new

Time For THE THREE MUSKETEERS & THE FOUR MUSKETEERS on a Region A Blu (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I've never seen The Return Of The Musketeers & I never want to. I think the accidental death of Roy Kinnear during filming soured the whole thing, I'm sure it did for Richard Lester, who never directed another feature after this. A couple of quotes from IMDB:

"Sir Christopher Lee said they seriously considered abandoning this movie after Roy Kinnear died. Lee said it would have been no loss to the world if they had never finished the movie."

"Richard Chamberlain quit this movie because he was angry at the producers lack of reaction over the death of Roy Kinnear. This is why Chamberlain's role is so brief in the final cut. The producers had previously refused Kinnear a stunt double for his riding scenes."

I'll give the film one-half a thumb up: the score by Jean-Claude Petit is wonderful, and available on CD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks