What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Twilight Time Announces Releases Sept/Oct/Nov, 2013 (1 Viewer)

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
I would imagine anyone who was desperately interested in a TT title would take the time to track the information down once you knew you were nearing the preorder period...

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Persianimmortal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Koroush Ghazi
That's the implication of the TT model. It's for enthusiasts. This isn't a Walmart or Target $5.99 mass release. There's some onus on alleged film fans to actually keep an eye on TT's offerings. And it's not even that hard to do.

Put it this way: I don't have a Facebook account, and I don't follow TT's Facebook page. Yet I've been able to preorder and receive every TT title I've wanted, just by keeping an eye on the TT threads here.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Ironically, after Crawdaddy answered my question I went to SAE and saw the info clear as day, after missing it before. Anyway, I agree that it would have been ideal if the preorder dates were in those press releases for the August releases Ron just posted a page or so back.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Persianimmortal said:
That's the implication of the TT model. It's for enthusiasts. This isn't a Walmart or Target $5.99 mass release. There's some onus on alleged film fans to actually keep an eye on TT's offerings. And it's not even that hard to do.

Put it this way: I don't have a Facebook account, and I don't follow TT's Facebook page. Yet I've been able to preorder and receive every TT title I've wanted, just by keeping an eye on the TT threads here.
Same here, though, in fairness I update the following on a daily basis for the forum membership.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/blu_ray_preorder_release_schedule.html

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Persianimmortal said:
There's some onus on alleged film fans to actually keep an eye on TT's offerings. And it's not even that hard to do.
You know what else isn't hard to do? List both the pre-order and release dates on all publicity materials. If someone is already writing a press release, it doesn't seem hard to also type the words "Pre-orders start on July X".

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
I don't think it's that big of a deal either. I hardly ever go to their Facebook page lately and it's not hard to find the preorder dates. Even when I don't, SAE's email newsletters get sent out the same day preorders are up.

They've been better at calling their preorder dates in advance as well. It used to not be announced in advance until within the week of preorder. Lately we've been getting up to 2 weeks advance notice.
Twilight Time said:
Thanks, Moe--TCM is not an "additional distributor" per se, but they will be ordering a specific number of units dependent on each title, directly from SAE -- so the 3,000 unit pressing number won't be changing, but there will be an additional "outlet" for the stock, if you will. We feel it's important as TCM has a big reach in viewing figures, we will be able to create interstitials, and generally speaking be able to cast the net a little wider.
Good news, I say. The more TT online outlets the better. Also, TT's higher prices fit right in at TCM Shop :)

Everett S.

Movie King (formally a projectionist)
Real Name
Everett
mac1165 said:
Twilight Time has released some great titles, but I simply cannot afford to purchase all of those in which I'm interested. Has anyone ever seen these titles available for rent? Netflix and Blockbuster do not carry any of them.
ClassicFlix might carry some of these,

ROclockCK

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
With all the recent attention over TT's MGM deal, speculation seems to have dried up about what might be coming down the pipes from Sony and Fox.

In recent days one Fox title that no one seems to mention has been nagging me as an intriguing possibility: Henri Verneuil's Le clan des Siciliens (The Sicilian Clan). Great International cast...cinematography by Henri Decaë (whose work I recently became more familiar with via TT's The Only Game in Town)...and of course, another legendary score by the legendary Ennio Morricone. Sample:

Unfortunately, I missed this one when originally released, but have heard mostly great things about it, and seems a natural for this label.

Anyone know what the state of its elements might be?

David Com

Agent
Talked about this in the international section, but thought that posters here might also be interested:

Just received the French Blu-ray of "The Kremlin Letter." It is marked Region B on the back cover, but plays in my Oppo when it is set for Region A, so it looks like it's region free. Subs are removable with the subtitle button once the movie starts to play.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Persianimmortal said:
The horror titles that sell out in minutes, and crash the Screen Archives site when the pre-orders go active? If so, consider yourself lucky. After all they are the only titles that sell out almost instantly.

Persianimmortal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Koroush Ghazi
Luckily I have no interest in the horror titles.

But the fact that they sell out so quickly at the pre-order stage, and cause congestion on the SAE website the moment the pre-order is available, tends to prove that there is no shortage of people who know exactly when these titles have become available for pre-order.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Twilight Time proudly announces the first time availability of the most eagerly anticipated BLU-RAY release of the year – The Definitive John Ford Classic!
“DRUMS ALONG THE MOHAWK”
Limited Edition BLU-RAY Release​
Only 3,000 units available at​
www.screenarchives.com / TCMSHOP.com​
Once they are gone – they are gone!​
RELEASE DATE: TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 10TH, 2013
“A first-rate historical film, as rich atmospherically as it is in action…Romantic enough for any adventure-story lover. It has its humor, its sentiment, its full complement of blood and thunder.” The New York Times
“This historical chronicle directed by John Ford is made believable through its attention to small details, presenting a mosaic of frontier life. A sentimental beauty.” TV Guide

“A typical Ford hymn to the pioneer spirit, his first film in colour and absolutely stunning to look at.” Time Out London
Pantheon director John Ford’s Drums Along the Mohawk (1939) is an intimate epic, telling the story of one young couple’s efforts to farm a frontier homestead just as the Revolutionary War breaks out. Gil (Henry Fonda) and Lana (Claudette Colbert) are forced to endure the terror of combined Tory/Indian attacks, watch in horror as they are burned out of their home, and suffer the slings and arrows of war, all while trying to become part of the Mohawk Valley pioneer community. A pictorial feast from Ford, with stunning Oscar®-nominated cinematography by Ray Rennahan and Bert Glennon.

ALSO INCLUDING:
Becoming John Ford (2007), a feature-length documentary directed by Nick Redman about the long-term relationship between Ford (voiced by director Walter Hill) and Twentieth Century Fox production chief Darryl F. Zanuck (voiced by director Ron Shelton).
LIKE TWILIGHT TIME ON FACEBOOK

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Twilight Time announces the exciting BLU-RAY release of Louis Malle’s compelling and unforgettable drama, for the very first time!
ALAMO BAY
www.screenarchives.com / TCMSHOP.com​
RELEASE DATE: TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 10TH, 2013
“Director Louis Malle and his screenwriter, Alice Arlen, are good at the careful observation of working class American life…the real strength of their film is its authentic portrait of everyday lives.”
—Roger Ebert, The Chicago Sun-Times

“One of [Malle’s] most compelling films. The wonderful Madigan adapts her forthright style to create one of the richest female characters in contemporary American cinema. She’s teamed with real-life husband Harris, and their scenes together really seethe.” Time Out London
Director Louis Malle (Atlantic City, Murmur of the Heart) gives us a powerful film based on real-life events in Alamo Bay (1985), set in a small Texas coastal community where racial tensions escalate with the arrival of Vietnamese immigrants after the fall of Saigon. Native fishermen, encouraged by the Ku Klux Klan, turn violent when confronted with competition from the hard-working émigrés who only want their own piece of the American dream. Featuring superb performances from Ed Harris as a Vietnam vet on the verge of losing everything and Amy Madigan as his adulterous lover, crazy about him but compelled to do what she thinks is right. With a gorgeously melancholy score by Ry Cooder, available on this Twilight Time release as an isolated track.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Twilight Time proudly announces the First Time Ever BLU-RAY release of the cult psychological horror favorite from Director Robert Mulligan…
“The Other”
RELEASE DATE: TUESDAY, OCTOBER 8TH, 2013
“An outstanding example of topflight writing structure and dialog, enhanced to full fruition by a knowing director.” Variety
“The performances, Robert Surtees’ lush camerawork, and Mulligan’s solid psychological insights make for thoughtful, sometimes even chilling entertainment.” Time Out London
The Other (1972), directed by Robert Mulligan (To Kill a Mockingbird) and adapted by Tom Tryon from his own best-selling novel, is a psychological horror film set in Depression-era New England about a pair of young twins (Chris and Martin Udvarnoky) who find themselves at the center of a series of ghastly accidents that may not be so accidental, after all. Shot by the extraordinary Robert Surtees (Ben-Hur), and featuring a score by the superb Jerry Goldsmith, available on this Twilight Time release as an isolated track.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Press Release 10/01/2013​
Twilight Time announces the long awaited BLU-RAY release of an almost forgotten
post-apocalyptic horror gem…ready to shock again…
“MINDWARP”
RELEASE DATE: TUESDAY, OCTOBER 8TH, 2013
“An involving horror adventure…[Director] Barnett has done well with material that might have been just gross in lesser hands, and admirably keeps the tone consistent all the way through to the end.”
TV Guide
“A post-apocalyptic gore-fest funded by Fangoria magazine…Eye-gouging, blood-spurting nastiness.” Time Out London
Cult horror veterans Bruce Campbell (Evil Dead) and Angus Scrimm (Phantasm) co-star in Mindwarp (1992), produced by Fangoria Films (an off-shoot of the popular horror film magazine). The film tells the grisly tale of a post-apocalyptic society in which the privileged exist only as “Dreamers,” eternally plugged into a virtual reality fantasyland, Inworld, while in the ravaged Outworld, humans have mutated into savage flesh-eaters, led by a mysterious, charismatic despot interested only in survival. Directed by Steven Barnett (Hollywood Boulevard II).

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Does anyone know what date the preorder for Drums Along the Mohawk will become active?

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
From their Facebook page:Drums Along The MohawkPre-order date: Wednesday, August 21st, at 4 pm EST.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks