What's new

Untitled Star Wars Film (Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy) (1 Viewer)

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
FWIW:

Mark Hamill and Hayden Christensen are rumored to be in the Daisy Ridley-starring film.

Now, I would never, ever share anything from GFR as a source, but this item had the distinction of being retweeted by Ming-Na Wen.

Interesting...

I can see 2 possibilities:

1. She's in the know (given she's part of the SW universe) and is validating/confirming the tweet. However, Disney/Lucasfilm may not be pleased she's confirming the story. I'd have to think Ming Na Wen would abide by the studio's rules.

2. She's a fan, doesn't know much about GFR's reliability (or lack thereof), and is excited at the news (and she's assuming it's true).

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Filming is to begin in April 2024 and synopsis

Set roughly 15 years after Rey’s victory over Palpatine and the end of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. The sequel delves into Rey's courageous endeavor to restore the Jedi Order, where she assumes the role of a mentor to two promising young students—a girl and a boy. As their training progresses, it becomes evident that the girl possesses an extraordinary abilities, destined to emerge as the future leader.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I wonder if they know abilities and leadership are two different things completely. I also assume the boy will turn evil and be the big bad, as boys do.

Sounds like that synopsis was nonsense.

Last edited:

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I’ll believe this is real when it starts shooting.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Delayed indefinitely ☹️

I'm sorry for being "that guy," but who's really shocked by this? I mean, between the graveyard of "announced and abandoned" Star Wars and Star Trek films, I'm not taking anything as a certainty until my butt is in the theater seat.

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I'm sorry for being "that guy," but who's really shocked by this? I mean, between the graveyard of "announced and abandoned" Star Wars and Star Trek films, I'm not taking anything as a certainty until my butt is in the theater seat.
I’m kinda surprised, not by the news necessarily, but the fact that this keeps happening. I mean, you figure that a company in the business of making movies has to actually make a movie now and then.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
Seems to be the new way of working. Make announcements of storyline, director, cast, then wait for internet reaction to come in, then adjust as necessary. I expect Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy will be a casualty.

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Delayed indefinitely ☹️

Lucasfilm has Debunked delayed rumor.

Last edited:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
That’s good, although we’d all like more clarification about which movies are coming when. And what’s up with Donald Glover’s Lando movie?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Last I remember reading, if it happens, it’ll be a limited series.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MasonStorm@HTF
Recent bookmarks