What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Press Release USHE Press Release: Oppenheimer (2023) (4k UHD Combo) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I watched interstellar again the other day. First two acts, great, some of the most immaculate Sci-Fi of all time on screen. Unfortunately it eventually goes off the rails into the cloying “love conquers all” territory. I wish Nolan could have avoided that.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I was curious if there is a Steelbook for this release and I see that Best Buy had one. It’s sold out, and Walmart has an exclusive too. I don’t have a Walmart nearby nor do I wish to try to buy online from them. Oh well, I’ll get the regular release as that will be fine, amd save a few bucks. I was just curious about rhe Steelbook. People must have pre-ordered to get the Steelbook for it to be sold out already from Best Buy.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I was curious if there is a Steelbook for this release and I see that Best Buy had one. It’s sold out, and Walmart has an exclusive too. I don’t have a Walmart nearby nor do I wish to try to buy online from them. Oh well, I’ll get the regular release as that will be fine, amd save a few bucks. I was just curious about rhe Steelbook. People must have pre-ordered to get the Steelbook for it to be sold out already from Best Buy.

It happens a lot. Way too often. One would think that if these things were selling out reasonably quickly that BB would ask for more units.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
It happens a lot. Way too often. One would think that if these things were selling out reasonably quickly that BB would ask for more units.

The Exorcist SteelBook was essentially sold out on release day with BestBuy, if memory serves correctly. They never received any more copies.

I was so pissed I procrastinated on that title until release day and now the only way I can get a copy is through eBay for about $60+

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I’m thinking Best Buy sells out so fast is a few eBay sellers grab them by early pre-order to sell.

Indy Guy

Premium
Real Name
Tony Baxter
The Walmart "Icon" edition is an excellent looking package. Definitely the best of the various offerings for me...also nice and thin for a deluxe case. Picked it up in store, but beware, they strap this edition with those security devices that can damage the edges. You will need to inspect the copies available if you are picky about your collectable editions.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
It’s surprising that the Oppenheimer 4K blu ray standard edition is sold out too at GRUV and Amazon. I picked up a copy at Best Buy today.

Now I can do my Barbenheimer. I have not seen either as I collected Barbie and waited for Oppenheimer. Not sure which to watch first. I’m kind of tempted to see Barbie first. I figure Oppenheimer is going to be deep and serious, and my thoughts will linger on with that topic.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Hans Zimmer’s score for Interstellar is one of my favorite scores ever. It should have won the Oscar imo.
I agree that the Interstellar score was phenomenal. But if it had won, Whiplash wouldn't have, and that one is equally deserving. They just had more than one really terrific score to choose from that year.

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I agree that the Interstellar score was phenomenal. But if it had won, Whiplash wouldn't have, and that one is equally deserving. They just had more than one really terrific score to choose from that year.
I love Whiplash and its score but imo it doesn’t hold a candle to Zimmer’s masterpiece. The mood that it evokes is extraordinary.

Paul Bosquet

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
IMG_1737.jpeg

Interesting how Amazon neglects to show the list price when they are gouging customers. $50 for a movie? I’ll pass.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks