What's new
World Wide Stereo

What are some of the complaints with LED displays? (1 Viewer)

bellbound

Grip
Real Name
candicoop
Can someone please explain what some of the main complaints are with LED televisions with regard to visual quality?
Thanks.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
The same as with LCD TV's. LED TV's are still LCD TV's, but they have LED backlighting instead of the fluorescent backlighting of LCD's.
1) Poor viewing angle on the sides.
2) Not the best with fast motion sports.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings
Screen uniformity ... cloudy blacks ... and edges that are brighter than the center of the screen.
Glare ... on the higher end Samsung and LG models ... worse than anything else on the market.
Regards

Brainwasher

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Luke
I currently have a Samsung 8500 purchased a year before the 3D revolution happened. I can honestly say I have very few complaints. I don't have any of the issues stated above. Viewing angle is amazing, contrast/brightness is so good that when I calibrated it I had to bump it down, way below factory settings. And as far as the motion goes. For example: NFL games are super clear, even with the 240hz turned off. Take your time finding a great display, and weigh all of your options. Plasma or LED, there are some amazing displays out there.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Samsung 8500 with a "good viewing angle"?
What company built that superlative display?
Samsung must have farmed out some and sneaked in a plasma...and just told people it was LCD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks