What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

What's left, unreleased on 4k, that you would pay $50 to own on day one? (1 Viewer)

Sultanofcinema

Second Unit
Real Name
Joseph Barrett
The Adventurers (1970), The Fearless Vampire Killers, You Only Live Twice, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Where Eagles Dare, Kelly's Heroes.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

mskaye

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Kochman
One or two people immediately responded to the news of the 4K UHD Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid release with: what about The Wild Bunch? The special edition LaserDisc box, released in 1995, contained 10 minutes of extra footage in the movie, the Nick Redman-narrated, Oscar nominated documentary "The Wild Bunch: An album in montage" and the Jerry Fielding soundtrack on a CD. That went for $130 in 1997. I certainly would pay $50 for a day one 4K UHD equivalent today! And I wouldn't have to keep changing discs throughout the movie, either!
FYI, the special edition LaserDisc box, released in 1995 (which I have) did not contain 10 minutes of EXTRA film. It simply officially restored Peckinpah's final original cut in the length it was originally released in theaters before several scenes - flashbacks and a longer scene with General Mapache - was cut to increase the amount of showings it could get daily. The version on Blu ray IS that version and the ONLY version presently in circulation. It actually is the only version that was in circulation since the 80's. It also appeared on an earlier CLV LaserDisc at its original length. That original cut is 145 mins long. Cut version is 135. At some screenings in 1995 - most notably, the "premiere" run at the Dome in LA in 70mm, The Wild Bunch was shown with an intermission. If you want to know more, this is the definitive text on Sam Peckinpah's western films to get - written by Paul Seydor - Peckinpah scholar, writer, teacher, documentarian and an editor on many H'wood films: https://www.amazon.com/Peckinpah-Western-Films-Reconsideration-Hardcover/dp/B01070T0XK

Last edited:

ghaist1

Auditioning
Real Name
Glenn
The Searchers
The Wild Bunch
Ben-Hur
Doctor Zhivago
Zulu
The Day Of The Jackal
On The Waterfront
Cleopatra
A Streetcar Named Desire

John Gilmore

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Gilmore
The only 4k movie I would pay $50 for on day one would be the 1961 West Side Story, but it would need to have the correct colors during the overture and have the original six-track sound mix that was restored in 2010.

trajan007

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Larry C Bender
The only 4k movie I would pay $50 for on day one would be the 1961 West Side Story, but it would need to have the correct colors during the overture and have the original six-track sound mix that was restored in 2010.
I would pay 100.00 for either WEST SIDE STORY or SOUND OF MUSIC.

Paul_Warren

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
MGM-UA
Fox
WB
Paramount
Universal

Are all sitting on a lot of classic 1940s onwards movies which got BD's but could now do with 4K UHD & yes I would happily pay $50 for EACH movie...but instead have to wait for the slow trickle of licensed releases I have to import as most are never sold outside the US :rolleyes:

Sultanofcinema

Second Unit
Real Name
Joseph Barrett
Roger Vadim's Blood And Roses, Deadfall (Michael Caine), Miramax's unrated cut of Scandal, Polanski's Tess and The Ninth Gate, Scorsese's The Age Of Innocence.

YANG

Screenwriter
$50? USD? Hmmm...
369c630ce661b892d414955334f3d4a67b24c9b9_2_1035x501.jpeg

...any 2 of the above, with valid English DTS-HD remaster and Director's Cut as well.​

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks