What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Disney+ Ultimate List of 4K Movies on Streaming (1 Viewer)

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
Changelog (April 20, 2024): (Beta Version 0.55)

• Completed Netflix library integration, including 768 movies in 4K format. This includes Original Tech Specs, Playback Support Info, and HDR Analysis.
  • Added a new custom filter named 'Camera Quality' (see below):

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
Changelog (April 24, 2024):
  • The 'FEATURED FILMING SPOTS' info has been added to the Original Tech Specs
  • The 'Real Age Rating' section is now titled 'Content Advisory' and includes the following:
content_adv.png

P.S: Allow 24 hours for the retroactively entered data to be processed.

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
Newly released 4K titles on Streaming this week (April 26th)

- Anyone But You
- Year: 2023
- Genre: Comedy, Romance
- Synopsis: After an amazing first date, Bea and Ben’s fiery attraction turns ice cold — until they find themselves unexpectedly reunited at a destination wedding in Australia. So they do what any two mature adults would do: pretend to be a couple.
- Trailer: Watch Trailer
- Regions: United States
- Streaming Service: Netflix

- Confess, Fletch
- Year: 2022
- Genre: Comedy, Crime, Mystery
- Synopsis: The roguishly charming and endlessly troublesome Fletch becomes the prime suspect in a murder case while searching for a stolen art collection. The only way to prove his innocence? Find out which of the long list of suspects is the culprit - from the eccentric art dealer and a missing playboy to a crazy neighbor and Fletch’s Italian girlfriend.
- Regions: Canada

- City Hunter
- Year: 2024
- Genre: Action, Comedy, Crime, Mystery, Romance
- Synopsis: An exceptional marksman and hopeless playboy, private eye Ryo Saeba reluctantly forms an alliance with his late partner's sister to investigate his death.
- Regions: Australia, Canada, United Kingdom, United States

- It
- Year: 2017
- Genre: Fantasy, Horror
- Synopsis: In a small town in Maine, seven children known as The Losers Club come face to face with life problems, bullies and a monster that takes the shape of a clown called Pennywise.
- Regions: Australia
- Streaming Service: Stan

- Jurassic World Dominion
- Genre: Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi, Thriller
- Synopsis: Four years after Isla Nublar was destroyed, dinosaurs now live—and hunt—alongside humans all over the world. This fragile balance will reshape the future and determine, once and for all, whether human beings are to remain the apex predators on a planet they now share with history's most fearsome creatures.
- Regions: United Kingdom

- Lost Ladies
- Genre: Comedy, Drama
- Synopsis: Set in 2001, somewhere in rural India, two young brides who get accidentally swapped on a train. In the ensuing chaos they each encounter a host of colourful characters, resulting in hilarious and unexpected consequences.

- Tiger
- Year: 2024
- Genre: Documentary
- Synopsis: This documentary lifts the veil on our planet’s most revered and charismatic animal, inviting viewers to journey alongside Ambar, a young tigress raising her cubs in the fabled forests of India. Curious, rambunctious and at times a bit clumsy, the cubs have a lot to learn from their savvy mother who will do all she can to keep them safe from pythons, bears and marauding male tigers.
- Streaming Service: Disney Plus

- Scream VI
- Genre: Horror, Mystery, Thriller
- Synopsis: Following the latest Ghostface killings, the four survivors leave Woodsboro behind and start a fresh chapter.
- Regions: Canada

- Sniper: Rogue Mission
- Genre: Action, Thriller
- Synopsis: When a crooked federal agent is involved in a human sex trafficking ring, Sniper and CIA Rookie Brandon Beckett goes rogue, teaming up with his former allies Homeland Security Agent Zero and assassin Lady Death to uncover the corrupt agent and take down the criminal organization.
- Regions: Canada, United Kingdom, United States

- Freud's Last Session
- Genre: Drama
- Synopsis: On the eve of the Second World War, C.S. Lewis and Sigmund Freud converge for their own personal battle over the existence of God. The film interweaves the lives of Freud and Lewis, past, present, and through fantasy, bursting from the confines of Freud’s study on a dynamic journey.
- Regions: United States

Last edited:

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
News: Introducing the Optimal 4K TV Pairing Section!

I'm thrilled to announce the launch of my latest feature. This new section will help us find the perfect TV match for our favorite 4K HDR movies and offer guidance for our next TV upgrade.

What can we expect from the "Optimal 4K TV Pairing" guide?

Answer: I've developed a new algorithm to display TV recommendations tailored to match 4K SDR/HDR contents. We can discover TV ranges and models optimized for Dolby Vision, HDR10+, HDR10, 4K SDR, etc.

As someone passionate about TV calibration for over 15 years, I've refined techniques to extract the best picture quality from displays (though I'm not a professional!). I've always anticipated a way to pair movies with TVs. Now, I can ensure that every movie I watch is complemented by the best TV experience possible (based on my display capabilities, of course). I think this feature opens up a whole new world of possibilities for enjoying 4K content at its "finest". :)

I've also added a new custom search filter to find movies paired with specific TVs, each labeled with its release year.

Please give it a try and let me know your thoughts, feedback, and suggestions!

Happy pairing!

Cheers

Last edited:

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
Newly released 4K titles on Streaming this week (May 3rd)

Fresh 4K content on streaming services. Here's a rundown of some of the titles hitting the platforms this week:

PosterTitleYearGenre(s)TrailerRegionsStreaming Service
The Idea of You2024Drama, RomanceTrailerAustralia, Canada, United Kingdom, United StatesAmazon Prime Video
One More Shot2024Action, ThrillerTrailerUnited StatesNetflix
Honeymoonish2024Comedy, RomanceTrailerAustralia, Canada, United Kingdom, United StatesNetflix
13 Bombs2023Action, Crime, ThrillerTrailerAustralia, Canada, United Kingdom, United StatesNetflix
The Great Wall2016Action, Adventure, Fantasy, ThrillerTrailerAustralia, Canada, United StatesNetflix
Dark Waters2019Biography, Drama, History, MysteryTrailerUnited StatesNetflix
My Mercury2024DocumentaryUnited StatesNetflix
Marry Me2022Comedy, Music, RomanceTrailerCanada, United KingdomNetflix
Lola2024DramaTrailerUnited StatesNetflix
Secrets of the Neanderthals2024DocumentaryTrailerAustralia, Canada, United Kingdom, United StatesNetflix

... Below are some (US) 4K titles on Apple TV+ through May, 31:

Inception2010Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi, Thriller
Arrival2016Drama, Mystery, Sci-Fi
Pacific Rim: Uprising2018Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi
The Big Lebowski1998Comedy, Crime
Gone Girl2014Drama, Mystery, Thriller
Gladiator2000Action, Adventure, Drama
World War Z2013Action, Adventure, Horror, Sci-Fi
American Gangster2007Biography, Crime, Drama
King Kong2005Action, Adventure, Romance
The Hitman's Bodyguard2017Action, Comedy, Crime, Thriller
Detroit2017Crime, Drama, History, Thriller

Last edited:

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
Hands-On 4K Impressions
  • The Parades (2024) - Netflix

• The movie was filmed using an Arri Alexa camera with a Super 35 format and a 4.6K sensor. This camera is great for low-light situations and it captures a wide range of light and dark details, which is perfect for HDR editing later on. They paired the camera with Cooke Anamorphic SF lenses to give the movie a vintage vibe with cool oval-shaped background blur and controlled lens flares. They also used Zeiss Prime lenses to keep the images super sharp and clear, without any weird distortions.
  • Dolby Vision Playback Support: Yes
  • Dolby Atmos Audio Format: No
  • Maximum Brightness of the Monitor (Sony) used to master the movie: 1000 nits
  • Peak Brightness: ~1000 nits (with minimal tone mapping applied on mid-high end TVs like LG C3/C4)
  • Average Brightness: ~700 nits (potential dynamic tone mapping on the Samsung S95D OLED due to aggressive ABL)
  • Key Highlight Moments: 1:28 - 2:42 ; 8:17 - 9:01 ; 37:55 - 38:21 ; 41:22 - 42:00 ; 1:17:20 - 1:18:00 ; 1:31:00 - 1:31:58 ; 1:48:30 - 1:49:20 ; 1:59:00 - 2:00:00
  • Film Content: RT (Audience) 92% ; IMDb: 6.7 ; Letterboxd: 3.5/5

Last edited:

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
Latest 4K additions on Netflix (including the US region):

Title: Battleship (2012)
  • Genre: Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi, Thriller
  • Region: US
  • HDR? Yes (Excellent Presentation)

Title: Unfrosted (2024)
  • Genre: Biography, Comedy, History
  • Region: AU, CA, UK, US
  • HDR? Yes (Noticeable Effect)

Title: 2 Hearts (2020)
  • Genre: Drama, Romance
  • HDR? No

Last edited:

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
Latest 4K additions on Netflix:

Title: Fall (2022)
  • Genre: Action, Thriller
  • Region: AU, CA
  • HDR? No

Title: After Ever Happy (2022)
  • Genre: Drama, Romance
  • Region: AU, CA, US
  • HDR? No

Title: Annihilation (2018) (Previously missing!)
  • Genre: Adventure, Drama, Horror, Mystery, Sci-Fi, Thriller
  • Region: AU, CA, UK
  • HDR? Yes (Dolby Vision) Excellent HDR Experience

Latest 4K addition on Disney+:

Title: Billy & Molly: An Otter Love Story (2024)
  • Genre: Documentary
  • HDR? Yes (HDR10)

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
2 New 4K Additions on Netflix:

I've created a Discord channel that gives me good flexibility to post longer movie info for new releases. If you think it would be useful for you, please join me here: Discord Invite Link.

It's just another way to stay updated on the latest 4K releases.

Font Screenshot Electric blue Multimedia Software

Musical instrument Font Adaptation Screenshot Music

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
New 4K additions on streaming platforms:

PosterTitleYearGenres
Mother of the Bride2024Comedy, Drama, Romance
Yodha2024Action, Drama, Thriller
Arthur the King2024Adventure, Drama
Brian and Charles2022Comedy, Drama, Sci-Fi
Living with Leopards2024Documentary

Due to the limited space here, all the details (including 4K Playback support, HDR brightness analysis, streaming services and available regions) are located on the homepage or Streamers' page.

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
Hands-On Review of Gran Turismo (2023)

MV5BMTI1YjFmN2UtOWZhOC00MjkwLTg2ZjgtNDQ5NDQ3YWNmNGRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTAxNzQ1NzI@._V1_SX300.jpg

I recently watched this movie because I noticed it was shot on the RED cameras, specifically the V-RAPTOR 8K, which is known as one of the best cameras for Hollywood filming. (however, it's hard to make a judgment). The picture quality, viewed through a VPN on Netflix USA (Dolby Vision + Atmos), was outstanding.

Despite this, I was slightly disappointed by the HDR brightness quality. I'm curious to see if there are any differences on Apple TV/iTunes.

Has anyone seen the 4K Blu-ray disc version? Technical reviews rate the PQ as 5 out of 5.

Last but not least, the movie itself is good!

Cheers

Last edited:

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
I wanted to share some insights about the differences between HDR10+ and HDR10 for reference purposes, using a scene from The Aeronauts (2019) on Prime Video that reaches about 1000 nits.

In this comparison:
  • HDR10 (right side): The TV is using static metadata.
  • HDR10+ (left side): The TV is using dynamic metadata to optimize brightness and color levels scene by scene (or frame by frame), allowing for improved contrast and highlight details.
  • DTM adjusted brightness and contrast to preserve details in highlights, preventing overexposure. It also somewhat improved color rendition.
  • Added: 2nd photo (HDR10+ vs SDR) and 3rd photo (HDR10 vs SDR)
Disregard color and resolution factors in this sample, as I captured it using a smartphone without a tripod and with no white balance applied. The focus here is on the bright highlight details to showcase the differences between HDR10+ and HDR10.

You can slide from left to right to compare their respective visual effects.

HDR Comparison

Note1: I'm using an OLED Panasonic GZ1000 (peak luminance is about 750 nits).
Note2: I'm using the external page because I couldn't embed the photo slider directly into the forum format due to script tags. If anyone knows how to embed such content, I'd be happy to hear.
Note3: Best viewed or visualized on the desktop version.

If you find this sample interesting, I plan to experiment further by comparing SDR vs HDR10 vs HDR10+/DV with a more comprehensive analysis. I'll use a proper camera on a tripod to capture images more accurately resembling what I see on the TV (SDR/HDR calibrated with Calman and D6 by myself)

Feel free to share your thoughts or suggestions for future comparisons.

Cheers

Last edited:

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
A quiet week in terms of relevant 4K titles available on streaming platforms:

"Queen" (Disney+) and "A Boy Called Christmas" (Netflix). Further details on the webpage, including HDR analysis, will be included over the weekend.

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
Queen (We Will Rock You) has been digitally remastered in Dolby Vision, Atmos, BT.2020 Colour Space and IMAX Enhanced (for Disney+).

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
I wanted to share some insights about the differences between HDR10+ and HDR10 for reference purposes, using a scene from The Aeronauts (2019) on Prime Video that reaches about 1000 nits.

In this comparison:
  • HDR10 (right side): The TV is using static metadata.
  • HDR10+ (left side): The TV is using dynamic metadata to optimize brightness and color levels scene by scene (or frame by frame), allowing for improved contrast and highlight details.
You can slide from left to right to compare their respective visual effects.

HDR Comparison

Adding an extra HDR10+ comparison regarding OLED vs. UST Projector for those curious (including myself)...

Full shots here: HDR Comparison

P.S. For modern displays, 0 is no longer the best sharpness option. On my OLED, the sharpness is set to 0 due to my viewing distance, while on the projector, it is set to 25 (out of 50). Maybe I should have lowered the sharpness for the projector for comparison purposes, even though sharpness is not the main objective.

Brightness and Contrast:
The image on the Laser Projector shows good detail in both bright and dark areas but may lack the infinite contrast of OLED. The texture and detail of the dome are clear, but the shadows are not as deep.

Color Accuracy:
The Laser Projector is not as accurate as OLED (yes, both devices were calibrated targeting the D65 reference white point). The colors in the OLED image appear rich and natural, particularly in the sky and the texture of the dome.

Summary:
  • Laser Projector (Hisense UST): Provides excellent, brightness and a good HDR experience but has slight compromises in contrast and color accuracy compared to OLED.
  • OLED TV: Offers clearly superior contrast and color accuracy, resulting in a more immersive and visually appealing HDR10+ image.
Conclusion:
Both devices showcase the strengths of HDR10+ dynamic tone mapping, but the OLED provides a more consistent experience due to its inherent advantages in contrast, color accuracy, and uniformity. In a nutshell, a much better overall image fidelity, as we already know.

Below is a cropped sample from both images:

HDR10+ (OLED)
Sky Cloud Atmosphere Landscape Horizon

HDR10+ (Projector)
Sky Atmosphere Cloud Sunlight Atmospheric phenomenon

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
To continue building the most comprehensive 4K HDR database on the internet, I'll be adding movies (2023-) on Netflix with IMDb ratings below 5 (which were originally excluded from the list). Tomorrow, the weekly additions will include all the playback support and HDR info, as usual.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertTheBob
Recent bookmarks
SVS Outlet Sale