What's new

Big Lots Sale (1 Viewer)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Ginger/Lime is my favorite (I've never seen it at BL though), Cherry Limeade, Lemon, Grapefuit, Grape/Raspberry (rare at BL), and Crisp Apple (rare at BL) are all good. The seasonal Cranberry one is also very good.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The Ginger/Lime is good. I think my BL had some, as I picked some up recently and that's the only place I've been buying it as it's quite a bit cheaper than the supermarket.

Actually, they're all pretty good. :D I had a Kiwi/Strawberry last night.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Got mine today. Not too much for selection of flavors at my store. I think it was only Classic Lemonade, Strawberry Lemonade, Cherry Limeade, Pink Grapefruit, and Orange Mango.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I got a Classic Lemonade, put it in the fridge to chill, and my oldest granddaughter sniped it from me!!! Yes, I gave her grief... In all fairness, it *is* her favorite flavor and I neglected to hide it (didn't know they were coming over) so it was up front and center when she went to the fridge to look for something cold to drink. Guess I'll have to go back and pick up a case...

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I had a 20% off coupon so I went to my local BL and apparently there was a re-stock. I picked up Friday Night Lights Season 1 and Season 2 for $5.00 each before the discount. It looks like a few more blu-rays were added but nothing that I haven't seen at Dollar Tree or Hamilton Books, They did have several copies of the Legend of Bruce Lee Volume 2 on DVD for $5.

I decided to pick up a DVD Studio Classics of Fox's In Old Chicago for $5.00 as well, but that was the only Studio Classics disc I saw.
51SH3BYQ62L.jpg

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
A few new titles at my store today, though nothing overly exciting. If anyone's into steelbooks, they did have the Star Trek reboot (Chris Pine) steelbook for $5.

They did have quite a few markdowns on discs for clearance ($5 discs marked down to $1.75 or so). I didn't check the titles too closely, as anything I want that's been there that long to be reduced I've probably already bought at their regular price. They had some of the TV season sets (such as The Untouchables and The Streets of San Francisco) marked down to half-off.

They also had some school supplies on special for buy one item, get the second for half-off, if anyone is looking for those.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
a537196e-c24b-40d2-99f1-f226cdbf57a0.gif

Hey, Bryan,
Here's an in-store EXCLUSIVE just for YOU!
NOW thru Sun 10/24

This is for rewards members only I assume ...

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I don't think their inventory system differentiates between blu and DVD. Seems like anytime I buy blu's, my receipt just says something like "July DVD Assortment". I think they just batch everything together, so it makes sense that it would be price based rather than formats.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I don't think their inventory system differentiates between blu and DVD. Seems like anytime I buy blu's, my receipt just says something like "July DVD Assortment". I think they just batch everything together, so it makes sense that it would be price based rather than formats.
Yep I bought a blu-ray for free... I noticed some "Previously Viewed" blu-rays (and DVDs) from Dis-knee (new Lion King, Ant-Man and Last Jedi). Cassanova's Big Night as well as 4 Universal Westerns on DVD. No markdowns om the DVD TV sets.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
They would sometimes do that or a $1 or 2 off each item for BF- but their BF ad has mostly toys etc and no movies.
I think they are the only place I might visit.. But maybe saturday. I remember getting Wizard of oz 3D blu ray with collectors photo book for $5 2 or 3 years ago! And not long ago I got Cliffhanger 4k for $5. haven't seen anymore 4ks since.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Saw one new cardboard display with a few new titles, but nothing that exciting. Lots of asian DVD's and direct to video horror. They did have The Lorax 3D, if anyone's looking for that. I think it was $5.

Also a handful of new TV sets, most of which I cannot remember. I do recall The Office (farewell season) and Battlestar Galactica (Season One) on blu-ray, and various others on DVD including My Three Sons, Dangerous Minds, Bonanza, Have Gun Will Travel, Dexter, and more ($8 each).

The thing with these at BL is that they often have random seasons and seldom Season One, so some that I might pick up I skip as I don't want to start with Season 4 as the only season I have.

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Stopped at Big Lots tonight for the first time in a while and found a few new things. They seem to be having a sale on multi-disc sets. I'm not sure exactly what the sale is or if maybe it's something with the Rewards Club card, but it worked out to just over 30% on each of the multi-disc sets ($17 off $56 in disc purchases). The one single disc title I picked up had no discount. On my receipt they all showed up as "TV Collections" or "TV on DVD", but they were not all TV collections so I'm not sure what's up. But it was a pleasant surprise at checkout as I was not aware there would be any discount at all when I was shopping. Prices listed here are sticker prices, before my checkout discount.

Krypton S1 and S2 on DVD for $7 each
Castle Rock S2 on DVD for $7
The Scorpion King - 5 Movie Collection on Blu-Ray for $10 (also had this on DVD)
The Magnificent Seven Collection (4 movies) on Blu-Ray for $10 (also had this on DVD)
The Wizard of Oz - 5-disc collection including 3D blu-ray and bonus 52-page hardcover photo book for $15

Also saw the 4K disc of The Mask of Zorro (Antonio Banderas) for $3, but I'd already purchased that elsewhere. Did not see any other 4K titles at this store.

Saw multi-season DVD packs for Vikings and Stargate Atlantis. Quite a few Marvel blu-rays including Avengers, Ant-Man, Captain Marvel. Single season DVD sets of I Love Lucy, The Andy Griffith Show, Dangerous Minds, and others.

I did not look through everything, as they had a ton of discs. I mostly just looked at blu-ray and multi-disc sets.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Stopped at Big Lots tonight for the first time in a while and found a few new things. They seem to be having a sale on multi-disc sets. I'm not sure exactly what the sale is or if maybe it's something with the Rewards Club card, but it worked out to just over 30% on each of the multi-disc sets ($17 off $56 in disc purchases). The one single disc title I picked up had no discount. On my receipt they all showed up as "TV Collections" or "TV on DVD", but they were not all TV collections so I'm not sure what's up. But it was a pleasant surprise at checkout as I was not aware there would be any discount at all when I was shopping. Prices listed here are sticker prices, before my checkout discount.

Krypton S1 and S2 on DVD for $7 each
Castle Rock S2 on DVD for $7
The Scorpion King - 5 Movie Collection on Blu-Ray for $10 (also had this on DVD)
The Magnificent Seven Collection (4 movies) on Blu-Ray for $10 (also had this on DVD)
The Wizard of Oz - 5-disc collection including 3D blu-ray and bonus 52-page hardcover photo book for $15

Also saw the 4K disc of The Mask of Zorro (Antonio Banderas) for $3, but I'd already purchased that elsewhere. Did not see any other 4K titles at this store.

Saw multi-season DVD packs for Vikings and Stargate Atlantis. Quite a few Marvel blu-rays including Avengers, Ant-Man, Captain Marvel. Single season DVD sets of I Love Lucy, The Andy Griffith Show, Dangerous Minds, and others.

I did not look through everything, as they had a ton of discs. I mostly just looked at blu-ray and multi-disc sets.
I believe MOST of the Disney/Marvel stuff are "Previously Enjoyed" with no code and only one disc for $7.9X,

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I believe MOST of the Disney/Marvel stuff are "Previously Enjoyed" with no code and only one disc for $7.9X,
Yeah, I see them mostly marked that way. I don't know where they're coming from as previously viewed, though, as there are not many video rental stores out there. Who is "previously viewing" these discs?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks