What's new

Colt .45 - The Complete Series - Coming to Blu-Ray on March 12th '24 (Warner Archive) (1 Viewer)

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
The funny thing about all this, Neil is a collector and historian type when it comes to classic TV, so you would think he would be for anything that preserves it for future generations, which is exactly what restoring classic TV to HD/UHD does. Unlike many shows from the 70's through 90's that were made on video or completed postproduction in SD, the majority of classic TV from the 50's and 60's is just perfect for restoring to HD/UHD.

There's no need to be dismissive.

He hasn't said either that we shouldn't be happy with new HD Blu-rays, or that he's against the Blu-rays existing. Only that he, personally, is satisfied with his current set-up and choice about how to watch this and other shows.

Play nice.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
With all the great classic films in the WB vault that would benefit from a Blu-ray upgrade we get this mediocre TV series hardly anyone remembers, what a waste of discs and restoration efforts. Very disappointing to this film lover.

WAC has released well over 400 movies on Blu-ray. And you're begruding them spending time and effort on a 10-disc TV series collection?

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad

He hasn't said either that we shouldn't be happy with new HD Blu-rays, or that he's against the Blu-rays existing. Only that he, personally, is satisfied with his current set-up and choice about how to watch this and other shows.

Play nice.
You don't understand. There is a history where some of us have been on the other side of his dismissive comments going back over a decade. I don't generally go in that direction, but believe me, he isn't offended, he dishes it out plenty, which is why Ron interjected "Guys, ignore the noise because it's not even worth responding to it."

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
You don't understand. There is a history where some of us have been on the other side of his dismissive comments going back over a decade. I don't generally go in that direction, but believe me, he isn't offended, he dishes it out plenty, which is why Ron interjected "Guys, ignore the noise because it's not even worth responding to it."
The name is Robert not Ron. Again, ignore the noise without sidetracking this thread by making personal comments towards each other. It’s a non-valued and useless exercise.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
A few years back, we might have gotten Colt 45 on both DVD and Blu-ray. If you recall, the Californians was issued in both formats . Then Neil could have enjoyed the show on his home set -up. But with diminishing sales for physical media, we’re lucky to get this show at all. Personally, I’m thrilled to be getting another vintage show in hi-def . Hopefully, more to come.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
I went with MoviesUnlimited.com for $67.96 plus sales tax, $73.40 total with no frills free shipping. There was a notation that Colt .45 is a heavy item, 2.2 lbs, and there may be an additional shipping charge. But no extra shipping charge was added to my total at check out.

When I did a trial order at DeepDiscount they did include the extra shipping charge and the order totaled $80.86.

MoviesUnlimited, DeepDiscount, Importcds, and Critic's Choice are all owned by the same company.

Bullmoose might, eventually, beat the MU price since they don't charge sales tax. But I'll stick with MU. I don't remember the last time I ordered from them. Maybe they will send me their catalog.

Last edited:

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
With all the great classic films in the WB vault that would benefit from a Blu-ray upgrade we get this mediocre TV series hardly anyone remembers, what a waste of discs and restoration efforts. Very disappointing to this film lover.
With all of the great television series in the WB vault, which haven't seen a home video release OF ANY KIND, what a waste it would be for them to instead re-issue mediocre movies hardly anyone remembers which are already available.

Tom.W

Second Unit
Recent Tributes To Your Favorite Classic TV Stars:

Just watched James Hong in an episode of New Adventures of Charlie Chan - Number 1 son! Glad he and Marta Kristen are still with us. Too bad we lost one of Marta's contemporaries Diana Millay a few years ago. They remain fixed in my memory as beautiful young actresses.

SuperClark

Second Unit
Real Name
Clark
Only 1 1/2 weeks away to release day.I have it pre ordered at amazon and am hoping the price drops maybe to 69.99,I have some reward dollars linked to my credit card I can use.Can't wait:)
1709308293577.png

tvwesternslover

Auditioning
Real Name
Fred Abbott

Play nice.
I remember it well and so does everyone I know. We are very happy to see it released. Keep your opinions to yourself if you have nothing good to say.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
After waiting for Amazon Canada to finally list Colt.45 complete series Blu (where I could have it with 'free' Prime shipping), and still not seeing it on Amazon.ca (I'm sure it will show in about three weeks, but I want to support WAC now and damn the expense) and crunching the numbers (our Canadian dollar these days is loitering at a weak 73 cents American right now), and considering some stiff shipping with Moviezing (they were going to charge me $26 American for shipping!), I finally locked-in with the Amazon.com pre-order price of $79.95 + $10.21 Amazon Global Shipping + $4.09 estimated import fees deposit (which should be refundable to me after it ships, as Canada no longer collects import duties on physical media from the USA). Total with currency exchange: $131.37 Canadian! Egad! Still glad to pay this for a vintage B+W Western TV series that has long been M.I.A.

This will put off my formerly imminent purchase of KL's Columbo 1970s Blu-ray set, and my long wanted Mill Creek Magnum P.I. complete series Blu, and a few other new KL and WAC Blu-rays that I wanted, but only for the time being...I have not one, but two of my vehicles under repair to the tune of about two grand! Damn, damn...and all this after a plumber looted my wallet and an $9 grand roofing job last summer! Oh, the emotional trauma, ha, ha!

Last edited:

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I went the Bullmoose path and paid $74.97 total. Looks like Movies Unlimited is the best deal right now.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Adjacent to Colt .45...good guy Will Hutchens (Sugarfoot), WB studio chief Jack Warner and good guy Clint Walker (Cheyenne), looking like they're enjoying each other's company on the WB lot...I imagine Wayde Preston was off flying his transport plane at the time, just the way he wanted it...some sources said he buzzed WB studios, and maybe Jack's house too, if you can believe that...
1709580839692.png

Purple Wig

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alan
This will put off my formerly imminent purchase of KL's Columbo 1970s Blu-ray set, and my long wanted Mill Creek Magnum P.I. complete series Blu
My understanding is that Tom Selleck has now established a service where he will directly assist you in obtaining a reverse mortgage on your home, as well as drive you to the pawn shop where you can hock your most valuable family heirlooms, all for a modest percentage (this not being his first rodeo) so that Magnum blu ray may not be as far off as you might think! :)

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
My understanding is that Tom Selleck has now established a service where he will directly assist you in obtaining a reverse mortgage on your home, as well as drive you to the pawn shop where you can hock your most valuable family heirlooms, all for a modest percentage (this not being his first rodeo) so that Magnum blu ray may not be as far off as you might think! :)
Route 66 S02E12 And the Cat Jumped Over the Moon-a copy.jpg Shatting-1.jpeg Route 66 S02E12 And the Cat Jumped Over the Moon-b copy.jpg Shatting-2.jpeg Route 66 S02E12 And the Cat Jumped Over the Moon-c copy.jpg Shatting-3.jpeg Route 66 S02E12 And the Cat Jumped Over the Moon-d copy.jpg Shatting-4.jpeg Route 66 S02E12 And the Cat Jumped Over the Moon-e copy.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks