What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Press Release Criterion Press Release: Perfect Days (2023) (4k UHD Combo) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
jY2zurB57hpteerhVoG8bVHmQwut0E_large.jpg
A perfect song that hits at just the right moment, the play of sunlight through leaves, a fleeting moment of human connection in a vast metropolis: the wonders of everyday life come into breathtaking focus in this profoundly moving film by Wim Wenders. In a radiant, Cannes-award-winning performance of few words but extraordinary expressiveness, Koji Yakusho plays a public-toilet cleaner in Tokyo whose rich inner world is gradually revealed through his small exchanges with those around him and with the city itself. Channeling his idol Yasujiro Ozu, Wenders crafts a serenely minimalist ode to the miracle that is the here and now.

FILM INFO​

• Japan, Germany
  • 124 minutes
  • Color
  • 1.33:1
  • Japanese
  • Spine #1226

DIRECTOR-APPROVED 4K UHD + BLU-RAY SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES​

• 4K digital master, approved by director Wim Wenders, with 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack
    • One 4K UHD disc of the film presented in HDR and one Blu-ray with the film and special features
    • New interview with Wenders
    • Interview with actor Koji Yakusho
    • Some Body Comes into the Light (2023), a short by Wenders, featuring a new introduction by the director
    • Interview with producer Koji Yanai, founder of the Tokyo Toilet project
    • Trailer
    • PLUS: An essay by film critic Bilge Ebiri

New cover by Michael Boland

July 16, 2024

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor
This is the loveliest movie and I am SOOO happy it is getting a 4K release (too many new films I like have only Blu-ray releases on disc).

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Plus it has excellent performances.
So understated. A real gem of a movie - and Wenders made TWO staggeringly great films last year!

I went to see the Scandinavian theatrical premiere at Ingmar Bergman's favourite cinema, the Grand Stockholm. No better place to see something like Perfect Days.

IMG_6747.jpeg

Check out the selection of movies!
IMG_6749.jpeg

The foyer - Garbo second from the right:
IMG_6750.jpeg

Filmgazer

Second Unit
Real Name
Louis Helman
I just enlarged the photo of the lobby. Are you sure that's Garbo on the poster second from the right?? It doesn't look like her. It's a beautiful theater, though.

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
I just enlarged the photo of the lobby. Are you sure that's Garbo on the poster second from the right?? It doesn't look like her. It's a beautiful theater, though.
Absolutely. Her name is there in faded gold lettering, on the top. The intarsia, by the artist Gunnar Torhamn, is from 1933, when the theatre was built. He symbolised four continents through depictions of famous actresses from the 1930s. From the left: Joan Crawford for America, Anna May Wong for Asia, Greta Garbo for Europe and a, scantily clad, Josephine Baker to represent Africa.

Filmgazer

Second Unit
Real Name
Louis Helman
Absolutely. Her name is there in faded gold lettering, on the top. The intarsia, by the artist Gunnar Torhamn, is from 1933, when the theatre was built. He symbolised four continents through depictions of famous actresses from the 1930s. From the left: Joan Crawford for America, Anna May Wong for Asia, Greta Garbo for Europe and a, scantily clad, Josephine Baker to represent Africa.
Well, I stand corrected. I believe you if you say it's Greta Garbo, but I think she looks more like actress Evelyn Keyes when I enlarge the photo with my fingers. And I've certainly never seen Garbo wear a costume like that!

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Well, I stand corrected. I believe you if you say it's Greta Garbo, but I think she looks more like actress Evelyn Keyes when I enlarge the photo with my fingers. And I've certainly never seen Garbo wear a costume like that!
Artistic licence! ;)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks