What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Furiosa (2024) (2 Viewers)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Thunderdome was (I believe, due to the success of MM2) the first to have some Hollywood money behind it, and so looks a little more polished than the more shoestring-budgeted previous entries.

It doesn’t quite have the consistent action of MM2 or Fury Road, but I do like the interlude with the lost children where he becomes a messiah figure (wait… sounds like Dune! 😉).

The Thunderdome fight sequence is pretty good, and the end chase with the train is thrilling. For those who came in after watching MM2 and expecting the same energy, Thunderdome may disappoint. But the production design and fashions become even more retro-punkish! And it has Tina Turner!

I also like the final shots… showing a devastated Sydney. Pretty haunting when I lived there and know the landmarks.
I enjoy Thunderdome more than most people in this thread.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
Well, they were originally planning to call it Just a Smidge Put-Out Max, but that didn't play well with focus groups.

Good point!

Even Slightly Peeved Max was too much of a mouthful. ;)

For familiarity and connectivity, they retained "Mad Max" in the title of the other 3 films (Road Warrior was simply Mad Max 2 in Australia), but I would argue he's not as crazy in those films as he was at the end of Mad Max.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Though the fact that the original Mad Max was set "a few years from now", and this prequel to Fury Road is set "45 years after the collapse" provides further evidence that Mel Gibson's Max and Tom Hardy's Max are not the same man.

Perhaps. I don't really worry about it. Then again...

They're all so different from one another that it's hard to make an apples-to-apples comparison. I will say that Beyond Thunderdome is definitely the worst, though.

Well, the thing is that the original three movies make a terrific trilogy. In the first one, Max loses his humanity. In the second, Max regains his humanity. In the third, he becomes a Messiah figure.

I was never really interested in a fourth one because I wasn't convinced there was anywhere to take the character from there. And, with that in mind, it actually took me a few years to finally watch the thing. That Fury Road took the franchise in a different direction, away from Max himself, was it's saving grace.

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
New Dementus Pic

GH7PyYgbMAEEEk6

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
<< In #Furiosa, @chrishemsworth's new warlord Dementus is “a pretty horrible individual,” he tells Empire. But “it’s not just sadistic insanity. There's real purpose, the wheels are turning, he’s ten steps ahead of everyone else.” >>

So, in other words, not Thor.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I haven't watched the new trailer. But those were my responses to the first Fury Road trailer, so that brings me a lot of joy. I'll probably cave and watch this trailer, but maybe I can hold out until release day.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks