What's new

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire (2024) (2 Viewers)

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
New trailer (more spoiler footage, including something not shown till this trailer release)

Chinese poster has that spoiler front and center
GJj_6CwaEAANTee

Last edited:

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
New trailer (more spoiler footage, including something not shown till this trailer release)

Chinese poster has that spoiler front and center
GJj_6CwaEAANTee

Sorry, that looks like a two hour video game. I MIGHT check it out when it’s streaming. But I won’t pay to see it in a theater.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
As much as I hate to pre-judge movies, this has crapfest written all over it. I'll wait until it's streaming to waste a couple of hours on it.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
I think all the pre-release naysaying is a bit harsh and think this will be fun for what it’s trying to be. I’ve enjoyed the MonsterVerse movies to varying degrees, really enjoying 2016’s Godzilla and being very disappointed in King of the Monsters, but this one looks entertaining to me (ducks for cover).

Mikael Soderholm

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mikael Söderholm
One of the Swedish newspapers headlined their review 'is this the worst movie of the year', but as the rest of the review is behind a paywall, I don't know what was so bad.
Definitely not for me, but for those who like these kinds of things, I suppose this is the kind of things they like ;)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I think all the pre-release naysaying is a bit harsh and think this will be fun for what it’s trying to be. I’ve enjoyed the MonsterVerse movies to varying degrees, really enjoying 2016’s Godzilla and being very disappointed in King of the Monsters, but this one looks entertaining to me (ducks for cover).
This movie is likely not for me but after seeing all the negativity, I appreciate seeing someone not down on it.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Regardless of what I think of the trailers, I’ll definitely be seeing this in IMAX 3D. I hope I enjoy it despite my hatred of those trailers.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
As I've said with some other movies:

"Sometimes, you just want to see monsters and giant robots beat the snot out of each other." (Pacific Rim)

"Sometimes, you just want to see two hours worth of blowin' shit up." (Independence Day: Resurgence)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Well it wasn’t the disaster I thought it would be.🤪

It was entertaining for a few hours. You pretty much get what you think.

The effects are great, the humans characters are terrible the dialog is juvenile and the monster fights are epic.

And Kong is the star. Front and center.

There is another monster called Godzilla but I didn’t recognize him at all. He just shows up once in a while to cause a ruckus. Call him Godzilla Minus Minus Minus I guess.

It’s the sloppiest and dopiest of all the Monsterverse films but at least it’s better than Skull Island. 😎.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
It was entertaining. There was a bit of mystery and adventure woven into the narrative. But ultimately it’s a big monster fight.

Naturally the monster scenes are better than the human scenes. Some humour and occasional wacky stuff from Brian Tyree Henry and Dan Stevens. Most of the speaking characters seemed to exist for exposition purposes. Even the director saw the need to inject some rock music now and then. Wacky!

One character’s demise was treated almost with glee rather than dismay. It was almost disconcerting to see the indifference!

But overall I wasn’t bored. Which is not a bad thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks