What's new

My Home Theater Page (1 Viewer)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
This will tell you how long it has been since I first purchased Footloose and now on 4K Blu-ray.

20240221_180034.jpg

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Today I preordered the following on 4K Blu-ray.

True Lies
The Abyss
Aliens
Quigley Down Under

I can remember hearing about the topic of 4K transfers for True Lies and The Abyss years back before the pandemic with James Finn and Schawn Belston at Fox Studio before or after classic movie night. And now that Aliens is being released on 4K Blu-ray I remember seeing a 70mm print at Classic Movie Night @ Fox Studios what a treat that was! I will always have fond memories of being able to attend Fox Classic Movie Night and thank both James Finn and Schawn Belston for inviting forum members to Fox. It was such a treat to be able to see the films and to be able to set foot on the lot.

20160413_180004.jpg

Depending on finances I might order more titles on 4K Blu-ray and Blu-ray this week and possibly next week when K-19 & Manchurian Candidate is released on 4K Blu-ray.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Just ordered the following:

Mad Max 4 Film Anthology 4K Blu-ray
The Last Duel 4K Blu-ray

Current Library not counting current orders
Library
DVD 64
Bluray 229
4K bluray 524

Only Quigley Down Under shows shipped and am waiting to get a shipping date even though True Lies, The Abyss and Aliens is officially released tomorrow!

If both order arrive with everything that was purchased with no cancelations the library will change to this.

Library
DVD 64
Bluray 229
4K bluray 530

Other titles I will be looking at purchasing this year as they are released.

• K-19 (4K Blu-ray)
  • The Manchurian Candidate (4K Blu-ray) 2004
  • Phase IV (4K Blu-ray)
  • Paint Your Wagon (4K Blu-ray)
  • Cutthroat Island (4K Blu-ray) ??
  • Major League (4K Blu-ray)
  • Motley Crue: The End (4K Blu-ray)
  • King Kong (4K Blu-ray) 1976
  • High Noon (4K Blu-ray) 1952
  • The Beekeeper (4K Blu-ray) ??
  • Rolling Thunder (4K Blu-ray) 1977
  • The Departed (4K Blu-ray)
  • The Falcon And The Winter Soldier - The Complete Season 1 (4K Blu-ray)
  • Andor - The Complete Season 1 (4K Blu-ray)
  • Obi-Wan Kenobi - The Complete Season (4K Blu-ray)
  • Ocean Eleven (4K Blu-ray)
  • Ocean Twelve (4K Blu-ray)
  • Ocean Thirteen (4K Blu-ray)
  • Stop Making Sense (4K Blu-ray) 1984
  • The Crow (4K Blu-ray) 1994
  • Dune Part 2 (4K Blu-ray)
  • Once Apon A Time In The Old West (4K Blu-ray) 1968
  • Shutter Island (4K Blu-ray)
  • Bad Lieutenant (4K Blu-ray) 1992
  • Cry Baby (4K Blu-ray)
  • Glory (4K Blu-ray)

Last edited:

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Just ordered the following:

Mad Max 4 Film Anthology 4K Blu-ray
The Last Duel 4K Blu-ray

These two movies will arrive Wednesday. As far as preordering from Amazon I will just wait for titles to be available instead of preordering only to find out it is out of stock with no idea when I will get my order.

Library
DVD 64
Bluray 229
4K bluray 525

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I ordered the Cameron trilogy last month from The Evil A. Aliens has a delivery around next weekend, but nothing on The Abyss and True Lies so far. Normally pre-orders go just fine, like with Quigley. These three are a very unusual situation.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I usually do not preorder but when I have I have had nothing but trouble with the exception of Quigley. I just received an email that Aliens will arrive between March 29th to April 6th with no additional information on The Abyss or True Lies.

Next purchases:
  • K-19 (4K Blu-ray)
  • Manchurian Candidate (4K Blu-ray)
  • The Ring Collection (4K Blu-ray)
3/16/24 Update:

True Lies arriving March 27th

Waiting for an update about The Abyss which I hope comes soon since True Lies now has a delivery date.

Last edited:

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Actual purchase:

• K-19 (4K Blu-ray)
  • Manchurian Candidate (4K Blu-ray)
Library
DVD 63
Bluray 229
4K bluray 529

What was added as I correct my count of incoming 4K blu-ray titles. The following has been added!

• Mad Max 4 Film Anthology 4K Blu-ray (I am only adding films 1 -3 as I already owned a copy of Fury Road on 4K Blu-ray)
  • The Last Duel 4K Blu-ray
  • Quigley Down Under
To be added as they arrive:

• The Abyss
  • True Lies
  • Aliens
  • K-19
  • The Manchurian Candidate (2004)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Well The Abyss still has not delivery date and True Lies and Aliens are schedule to be delivered this coming Wednesday. On Monday I should have my replacement remote arriving as the current Harmony Elite is no longer communicating with the base and I am not able to pair it with the base.

Will be ordering Paint Your Wagon on 4K soon.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Just ordered the following on blu-ray:

The Shootist (HD Blu-ray)
The Far Country (HD Blu-ray)

Both titles are coming from Arrow! Also Monday should be receiving my new Logitech Harmony Elite remote that will replace my non functioning one and hopefully this one last awhile at which point I will most likely be looking into something else. I thought briefly about a Control 4 but there is the high cost and paying someone to program it and the only thing it will end up doing for now is just controlling my home theater. I admit that sometimes I think about having the ability to control the lighting in the room would be nice but maybe later.

I am so waiting for my new 4K blu-ray of The Abyss to arrive when ever that will be since up to this date no delivery date has been set and I am still waiting for this title to be restocked.

The Abyss DVD.jpg

Last edited:

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
No idea why but it just felt like a pain in the A setting up this new Harmony Elite remote vs the first time, think I need blood pressure meds after this. So after a number of issues that almost made me think I got a bad hub it finally connected and finally set up. And finally it works after not having a working remote system because the Harmony I purchased back in November of 2019 stop working.

Working hub
20240325_201250.jpg

Should have wiped it down before the photo but oh well. Thing looks like I tossed it across the room and of course black shows dirt right away which sucks.

Tested it out with the phone and it seems 100% which I will confirm tomorrow after the remote is 100% charged. Does anyone here have a Control 4? At some point the current stock of Harmony's will dry up and there will be no more. I was just alot less expensive to get a new Harmony even though technically Logitech has walked away from the remote market. But I am thinking later on I just might upgrade to something better and more capable than the Harmony. Would love to hear from Control 4 owners about there experience with and thoughts about Control 4.

My copy of True Lies on 4K Blu-ray is supposed to arrive tomorrow followed by Aliens on 4K Blu-ray arriving on Wednesday. I will feel better once The Abyss has a delivery date and I know when it will be arriving. For now all I see on my order for The Abyss 4K Blu-ray is order received!

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Made my day to see this movie finally arrive and to see it on something better than DVD! Well here is another Schwarzenegger movie added to the collection.

20240326_152508.jpg

Aliens shows arriving tomorrow which is another title I have been patiently waiting for and now that I will have the first to films of the franchise on 4K bluray I can live with the 3rd and 4th film being on blu-ray. And glad I preordered The Abyss because $119.95 is crazy! At least that is what is showing on Amazon website 3/26/2024 4pm.

The Abyss after going out of stock after release.jpg

It will be interesting if the following titles actually make 4K Blu-ray this year as the rumor is they are getting new 4K restorations and supposedly supposed to get a 4K disc release.

• High Noon (4K Bluray) April 16th ?
  • American Sniper (4K Bluray) May 14th ?
  • Lethal Weapon (4K Bluray) TBA
  • The Terminator (4K Bluray) TBA
  • Blade 2 (4K Bluray) TBA
  • Blade Trilogy (4K Bluray) TBA
All of these titles sound good to me but High Noon is a good western and I would say personally for me Lethal Weapon and The Terminator is a must buy. And maybe just maybe Terminator 2 might just get a new 4K transfer and I will believe it when I see it. I also welcome adding the other two Blade films to my library to join the first Blade movie on 4K Blu-ray.

Source material:

Last edited:

Jeff Fearnside

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff Fearnside
Hearing about the end of Disney Movie Club and that now Sony will be doing distribution and be in charge of transfers of Disney titles which should be a good deal for collectors and buyers of physical media. Sony is well known for very good transfers and packaging plus this should mean use of more Dolby Vision for Disney titles on 4K bluray releases. Supposedly Disney using Sony to distribute titles is said to bring down the cost and that there should be more Disney titles being released since Sony has higher volume of titles released vs Disney. Do not know if this will actually bring down the cost but if more catalog Disney and 20th Century Fox movies make 4K Blu-ray then I say great.
A lot of us are hoping for this, but I haven't heard much of anything since the announcement. I'm not sure if anyone knows what Disney will do next in the physical media market. I'm not even sure Disney knows.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Now 3 of 4 4K Blu-rays preordered on 3/10 for the 3/12 release date have now arrived so now I am down to the last title with no idea when it will arrive. The question is how long will it take Amazon to restock The Abyss and get it to my door?

20240327_182724.jpg

20240327_184220.jpg

Library
DVD 63
Bluray 229
4K bluray 533

Last edited:

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Well yesterday my order for They Abyss went from order received to having a delivery date. Funny thing is if I log into my account on my pc it give me a delivery date range of April 15th - 26th. If I use the app on my phone it says delivery date of April 26th. Hopefully The Abyss gets delivered sooner than that. This 4K Blu-ray will be upgrading my old DVD so it will be very welcome when it arrives.

20240330_122708.jpg

Need to look through everything because I could have sworn I owned AVP Requiem on standard Blu-ray.

James Cameron movies added in March 2024 just waiting for They Abyss to show up!

March 2024 James Cameron 4Ks.jpg

Am still working on my adapter plates to hang my Klipsch RP-600M's as Atmos speakers and I am working on my revision of the adapter plates that after they are finished will get powder coated before installation. I am also debating on if the speakers will be located per Dolby Atmos specs or if I will use Auro 3D locations. I keep wanting to go projection but the real concern is I do not know how much longer I will be living in the home I am at now and have been here mostly since the late 1980's. Would hate to invest that kind of money for a projector and screen to end up in an apartment where I will not be able to continue to use the projector.

Last edited:

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Library
DVD 63
Bluray 231
4K bluray 533

The Far Country and The Shootist on Blu-ray arrived and the last movie on order I am waiting for is The Abyss on 4K Blu-ray. Today I decided to watch Aquaman: And The Lost Kingdom on Max and I think I will stick with my decision to not add it to my collection as a digital or disc title.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Tonight ordered the following:

Dragon Heart (4K Blu-ray)
Paint Your Wagon (4K Blu-ray)
Major League (4K Blu-ray)

Still waiting on The Abyss to arrive!

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Library
DVD 63
Bluray 231
4K bluray 537

Recently arrived and now in my library!

Dragon Heart (4K Blu-ray)
Paint Your Wagon (4K Blu-ray)
Major League (4K Blu-ray)
Point Break (4K Blu-ray)

Titles I am looking to order this month:
Star Wars: Andor Season 1 (4K Blu-ray)
Obi-Wan Kenobi Complete Series (4K Blu-ray)
The Falcon And The WInter Soilder Season 1 (4K Blu-ray)
Ocean 11 (4K Blu-ray)
Ocean 12 (4K Blu-ray)
Ocean 13 (4K Blu-ray)
King Kong (1978)

Purchases today 4/6/24 to ether upgrade old DVD's or add a title:
AI Artificial Intelligence (Blu-ray) Upgrading DVD
Austin Powers Trilogy (Blu-ray) Upgrading DVD's
The Color Of Money (Blu-ray) Upgrading DVD
Soylent Green (Blu-ray)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks