What's new

How To New Feature - Creating Movie Threads (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The "bottom of the forum" issue seems to have resolved (for me, at least). I didn't do anything on my end, so it must have been something here that has been fixed.

EDIT: Spoke too soon. It still seems to be happening on at least one of my devices.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The bottom of the page thing is now happening to me as well. I'm using the most recent version of Firefox.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I like to know who started a thread sometimes.

Is there any way to see who started it other than the tiny print. Like an avatar perhaps as before?

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I came to see if there had finally been instituted a way to disable this feature on a user basis. I find it incredible annoying and have stopped visiting the "Movies" forum because of it. Nope... bummer...

FWIW - I, too, experience the "page jumps to the bottom" when starting at the main page or if paging through. It's a royal pain and another reason I now avoid this forum.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I've also noticed that since this feature was implemented, reloading the page will almost always land me at the BOTTOM, necessitating a scroll back up to the top. This happens in Chrome on both Windows 10 and macOS Mojave.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I've also noticed that since this feature was implemented, reloading the page will almost always land me at the BOTTOM, necessitating a scroll back up to the top. This happens in Chrome on both Windows 10 and macOS Mojave.
A number of us have been having this issue for a while. I'm not sure it started when this feature was introduced. Though I guess no one knows the cause.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Yeah, I just wanted to throw my hat in the ring as well since it's still happening. I can say for certainty that this was not occurring before the change, and this is the only place at HTF affected for me. I haven't seen it occur anywhere but the Movies forum.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The same thing is still happening to me too exactly as Doug described above.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Apparently posting threads in the Movie section that don’t refer to a specific movie can no longer be done. Or at least I don’t know how to do it.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Apparently posting threads in the Movie section that don’t refer to a specific movie can no longer be done. Or at least I don’t know how to do it.
???

I don't see that anything has changed in that respect. You are free to create any thread you want. You don't HAVE to include the Movie DB info if your thread is more general. Just type your title in the "Thread Title" field, type your message in the text box, and hit submit.

There are many non-specific movie threads in the Movies forum.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
???

I don't see that anything has changed in that respect. You are free to create any thread you want. You don't HAVE to include the Movie DB info if your thread is more general. Just type your title in the "Thread Title" field, type your message in the text box, and hit submit.

There are many non-specific movie threads in the Movies forum.
It wouldn't do it for me. Perhaps because there was a link in the body of my thread?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Shouldn't be an issue. I went through the steps of creating a new thread, quoting your info and including the link, and this was the "preview":

upload_2018-9-13_11-46-8.png

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Can a mod/admin fix my Cold War thread? I posted before reading this, I added the TMDB link at the bottom.

TIA

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Is there any way to "force" info from TheMovieDB to update to current info? Often their data has placeholder posters, titles, and such when we create the threads. These threads/links don't seem to update to current final poster art or titles as they are assigned/changed.

Such as the thread for Annabelle 3, which is now titled Annabelle Comes Home and has new poster art at TheMovieDB:

https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/521029-untitled-annabelle-project?language=en-US

Breinagemen

Auditioning
Real Name
Brein
I'm excited to see how it elevates our discussions about films and adds more depth to our forum experience. Your efforts in implementing these enhancements are much appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks