What's new
World Wide Stereo

New HT in Sun City, Ca (1 Viewer)

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
From the Panavision 3D webpage...

“The glasses are one key to system quality,” said John Galt, Senior Vice President for Advanced Digital Imaging at Panavision. “Ours have lenses with tempered dichroic-coated glass for exceptional color stability and consistent performance – although they are made at a very reasonable cost. And because our approach is based on splitting light, we’re ‘technology neutral’ -- the same glasses can be used with film or digital systems.”

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
This afternoon I dug out a reel of classic Sci-Fi/Horror trailers.
This Island Earth ......Technicolor
The Angry Red Planet......Technicolor
Black Sunday.......B&W
The Haunted Palace....Technicolor
Night of the Blood Feast.....B&W

It's fun to me to watch old trailers from back in the day when things were much simpler and nothing looks better on a big screen with a bright light than Technicolor!!

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Picked up a print today of an 8 minute short called Motor Rhythm. RKO’s stop motion Motor Rhythm (originally produced for the 1939 NY World’s Fair) was shown at the World 3D Expo in Los Angles Sept. 2013. Lucky for me it's a no fade polyester (never go to Vinegar) print. It's on Utube in Anaglyph but this print is real 3D over/under format. Thrilled to add it to my collection.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Picked up a print today of an 8 minute short called Motor Rhythm. RKO’s stop motion Motor Rhythm (originally produced for the 1939 NY World’s Fair) was shown at the World 3D Expo in Los Angles Sept. 2013. Lucky for me it's a no fade polyester (never go to Vinegar) print. It's on Utube in Anaglyph but this print is real 3D over/under format. Thrilled to add it to my collection.
It’s also on the first 3D Rarities Blu-ray. An over/under print is a great find.

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Here's the poster for Motor Rhythm..... My film print arrives tomorrow.

s-l1600.jpg

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Bad news on my beautiful print of Motor Rhythm. Although the print was in near mint condition, it would NOT focus properly. I tried every trick that my years of 3D experience taught me to no avail. I must have run the reel 20 times in an attempt to align it properly.
Come to find out this was a print apparently struck for special screenings in theatres using an old Paramount 3D mirror box lens. Those were designed to work on long throws and not on my 21 foot lens to screen distance. Been there, done that many years ago.
It's a shame that didn't work out because of the 3D effects. Available on BluRay and it looks great. The seller refunded my purchase price and told me to keep the print because no other collector with a typical home theatre could use the print. I told him I'll keep working on the project and if I can get it to work out, I'll pay for it the second time.:3dglasses: :huh:

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
I'm replacing my Fuji color print of Treasure of the Four Crowns with a LPP color print. Both are 3D but the Fuji print if beginning to fade to pink. The LPP print has perfect color. I'm happy!! The year 1983 was a confusing year for 35mm prints. Some titles were printed with LPP color, some with Fuji. I had a print of The Thing (1983) where all reels except #1 was LPP. Reel one was faded to red.

treasure-of-the-four-crowns-3-D.png

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Horrors!!! All set up to stream a movie tonight and for the first time in 13 years the HDMI cable failed where it goes into the Epson. First failure we've had in as many years. I'll measure the old cable tomorrow and order one from Amazon. I think the book calls for a 1.4 cable. I'll need about 20 feet of cable.

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Just screened Fur of Flying. Brand new print and it looks spectacular!! CGI looks really believable. I'm impressed.
It's got DTS, SDDS and SRD tracks as well. A plus.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks