Oppenheimer (2023)

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Title: Oppenheimer (2023)

Genre: History, Drama, War

Director: Christopher Nolan

Cast: Cillian Murphy, Emily Blunt, Matt Damon, Robert Downey Jr., Florence Pugh, Benny Safdie, Rami Malek

Release: 2023-07-19

Plot: The story of J. Robert Oppenheimer’s role in the development of the atomic bomb during World War II.

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Oppie%20in%20front%20of%20Chalkboard%20square.jpg

Christopher Nolan is set to return to movie theaters in 2023 with the release of “Oppenheimer,” based on the life of theoretical physicist and “the father of the Atomic bomb” J. Robert Oppenheimer.

Adding to the top-drawer cast are Oscar nominee Florence Pugh (“Little Women”), Oscar winner Rami Malek (“Bohemian Rhapsody”), and director/actor Benny Safdie (“Licorice Pizza”). They’re joining Robert Downey Jr., Matt Damon, Emily Blunt, and Cillian Murphy on the epic nuclear thriller. https://www.indiewire.com/gallery/o...ast-plot-details/robert-downey-jr-matt-damon/

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
That's quite the cast! It looks as though it will be Murphy playing Oppenheimer.

Last edited:

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Great cast he's got there, no surprise. It is a world defining story or perhaps world destroying story. I wonder what his spin on it will be, as typically he devises a specific way he wants to tell his tales.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yeah, I'm looking forward to watching this movie and comparing it to this 1980 mini-series. I thought Sam Waterson knocked it out of the park with his portrayal of J. Robert Oppenheimber.

1639141723942.png
1639141741936.png

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Great cast he's got there, no surprise. It is a world defining story or perhaps world destroying story. I wonder what his spin on it will be, as typically he devises a specific way he wants to tell his tales.
I just want him to tell the truth as to what actually happened. No sugar coating nor skewed POV.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I sincerely hope that this film has a more conventional narrative form. While I have enjoyed the temporal machinations of Nolan's prior films it might be time to shift perspectives, particularly after what felt like complication for the sake of complication in his last film, Tenet.

Not completely sold on Cillian Murphy playing the title character, but that is my own bias (based on some of his prior roles) and I should try to keep an open mind on the subject.

- Walter.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Not completely sold on Cillian Murphy playing the title character, but that is my own bias (based on some of his prior roles) and I should try to keep an open mind on the subject.

- Walter.
Frankly, I have some doubts about him playing that role too.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I sincerely hope that this film has a more conventional narrative form. While I have enjoyed the temporal machinations of Nolan's prior films it might be time to shift perspectives, particularly after what felt like complication for the sake of complication in his last film, Tenet.
My first thought was "How will Nolan use time in a movie about Oppenheimer?" The idea that he wouldn't play with time didn't even occur as an option to me. :laugh:

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Don't know what to make of the choice they made to portray Edward Teller: Benny Safdie.

Other than Safdie having a slight resemblance to a 30+ year old Edward Teller.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Looking forward to this new movie.

I do think this 1989 movie on this topic is good and worth watching, but it apparently hasn't been released to blu-ray.

fat_man_little_boy_1989_original_film_art_1200x.jpeg

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
This sounded strange to me. Why would Nolan be interested to make a movie about this story? When was the last time he made a movie like this?

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks