What's new

TCM/Fathom 2019 (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Especially if they are going to have any screenings in January, isn't it about time to announce next year's TCM/Fathom lineup? Does anyone remember when they announced what the 2019 lineup was?

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
This thread was started January 13, 2019 so that is a guess of when they were announced.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Actually, I looked up the old TCM/Fathom 2018 thread, and found that the 2019 titles were announced on December 5, 2018. I posted them in that thread before this one got started. So if they keep to the same pattern, we should be hearing about 2020 any day now.

Waiting until January would be difficult if they want to have a screening in January. This year, The Wizard of Oz screened on the final weekend of January, which would have probably been harder to book if they had set the schedule at the last minute.

I am curious whether or not we will see any Fox titles be part of the program next year. This year's titles were already set prior to Disney's acquisition of Fox becoming complete, but now it's very possible that Disney could decide to restrict availability of the Fox catalog for screenings of this nature. As far as I know, a Disney-branded film has never been shown as part of this initiative before.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I hope we hear the 2020 schedule soon.

mom sure Back to the Future will be one of the titles.

Jaws is another one that seems likely too.
maybe A View to a Kill?? : )

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I hope we hear the 2020 schedule soon.

mom sure Back to the Future will be one of the titles.

Jaws is another one that seems likely too.
Yeah, with those movies having a 35th and 45th anniversary, I think that all but guarantees those titles playing. And BTTF will be getting a 4K release next year so that's another reason they'll do a Fathom event for that movie.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I went to Meet Me In St Louis today and found the presentation appearing to be bitstarved. Like it was a stream that couldn't get a fast enough internet connection so it throttled back the quality of the stream. I just checked my Blu-Ray and it was much better.

Ben Mankiewicz pointed out that next month we get another MGM musical produced by Arthur Freed and directed by Vincente Minelli.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I see the schedule is out. Nothing that particularly thrills me like some past choices such as The Sound of Music, but there are some possibilities I might try to attend like King Kong.

Hopefully some of the tv selections like Fathom seems to be doing regularly will grab me a bit more. I'd love to see some Dick Van Dyke Show episodes on the big screen.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
I went to Meet Me In St Louis today and found the presentation appearing to be bitstarved. Like it was a stream that couldn't get a fast enough internet connection so it throttled back the quality of the stream. I just checked my Blu-Ray and it was much better.

Ben Mankiewicz pointed out that next month we get another MGM musical produced by Arthur Freed and directed by Vincente Minelli.
Saw Gone With The Wind earlier this year and noticed the image was kinda dark and the colors muted. It was nice to see the movie in a full theater.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I’m holding out for a 35th anniversary of A View To A Kill showing.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
It's popped up here once or twice in the last couple of years, so you never know.

agreed! It’s entertaining and we should be focused on celebrating the final films of other Bond actors in 2020!

diamonds are forever
View to a kill
License to kill
Die another day
No time to die!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks