What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Twisters (Twister Sequel) (1 Viewer)

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
The original twister looked more frightening than that was seen in this trailer.

28 year old effects holding up better than today's is quiet telling.

I agree, but it could also be that when Twister came out in 1996, it was novel and amazing to see such forces of nature rendered on film. Fast forward to this year, and we’re so used to CGI that twisters on film are mundane.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
I agree, but it could also be that when Twister came out in 1996, it was novel and amazing to see such forces of nature rendered on film. Fast forward to this year, and we’re so used to CGI that twisters on film are mundane.

CGI has become apart of daily life essentially since 1996, so you are right about being (yawn) about it.

However though the monster EF 5 from the first film still is one of the most realistic tornados to date.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I think there's three factors:
  1. The number of CG shots visual effects houses need to produce per picture has increased substantially.
  2. The time and money (adjusted for inflation) that is dedicated to CG has decreased significantly.
  3. It's often no longer enough to accurately recreate things as they actually are. In many case, the mandate is to soup things up to be even more extreme and overwhelming than they actually are.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
This trailer looked horrible. Looks like they are going for the over the top unrealistic look when the original tried to make them look real.

CGI can look great but it takes money and time, something most studios don’t want these days. It’s why I think the original Jurassic Park still holds up better than the new Jurassic World movies.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
1996 is more believable than 2024.

1707718843791.png

This is from the yesterday's trailer.

1707718594423.png

YANG

Screenwriter
yeah... that plane flying towards "Twin Twisties" looked so ridiculously unbelievable to me! Spielberg approved this? or it is some ridiculous idea from ridiculous producers from both Warner and Universal?

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
yeah... that plane flying towards "Twin Twisties" looked so ridiculously unbelievable to me! Spielberg approved this? or it is some ridiculous idea from ridiculous producers from both Warner and Universal?

Universal is releasing the sequel in the US, WB is doing international this time around.

YANG

Screenwriter
hmmm...
螢幕擷取畫面 (391).png

...hopefully i didn't interpret wrongly.
it seems pretty clear to me both studios pumped in production investment costs. beside Kennedy/Marshall and AMBLIN.​

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
It’s basically just one of the things you see at fairs that they throw money into and you have to try to collect the money

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Cinemacon Footage Descript

A rodeo is disrupted by a gigantic tornado. Bulls and horses run wild. A pick up truck is sucked up into the sky. Glen Powell assembles a crew of storm chasers as multiple tornados break out. "Sometimes the old ways are better than the new," he says. Fireworks go off inside a tornado. "We've got twins!" - two tornados form simultaneously, then combine to become a super tornado. "It's alright to be scared...fear is the reason you do it. You don't face your fears, you ride them," says Glenn Powell.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks