What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Twisters (Twister Sequel) (1 Viewer)

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
GNEI1M7W0AEHlv2

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
It's not a rehash of the original, so that's good; but overall I'm just not sold on it. Why no mention of Helen Hunt or Bill Paxton?

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
This photo from Tw🌪️sters amuses me:

twisters-860x573.jpg

"We just saw Twisters! The special effects were so real!"

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It's not a rehash of the original, so that's good; but overall I'm just not sold on it. Why no mention of Helen Hunt or Bill Paxton?
Supposedly it's a sequel in name only, with no connections to any prior story or characters from the first film.

YANG

Screenwriter
This photo from Tw🌪️sters amuses me:

twisters-860x573.jpg

"We just saw Twisters! The special effects were so real!"
probably a spoiler to some that relates to your picture...

...with alternate angle, and some other additional scenes that u might not seen in either first official and 2nd official UNIVERSAL "cut" of trailers.
WARNER's "international cut" is... different.​

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Much better than the first trailer, but I still don't think they're selling the danger enough. Need to show people in actual peril, not just driving pickup trucks.

Might do OK at the box office but a big hit would be surprising.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
This movie looks so stupid, and the CGI is so over the top that it almost looks cartoonish but, I kind of want to see it for some reason.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Budget is more than double the first film and the cast is largely minor names so they should have had plenty of money for the FX. My concern is whether they enlisted any type of meteorological consulting on this one to keep it in the realm of possibility, or if they just went with a full-on "Hollywood" version of weather, more like Roland Emmerich. On the first film, the storm consultants reportedly vetoed a couple of planned sequences because they were completely impossible.

First film fell just short of $500 million worldwide. This one will have to do at least $600 million to approach break-even.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
My concern is whether they enlisted any type of meteorological consulting on this one to keep it in the realm of possibility, or if they just went with a full-on "Hollywood" version of weather, more like Roland Emmerich.
I'd bet the farm that reality is the last thing that they paid attention to on this movie. The new poster has a tornado with fire in it. :laugh:

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
I know it's a real thing but I'd be surprised if the way that it's portrayed in the movie will be based on reality.

From the trailer, a twister smashes through what looks like an oil refinery and somehow sucks up the flames.

A real EF 5 would extinguish the flames as it went on through.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks