What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Pre-Order Went To Coney Island on a Mission From God... (1998) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
81iv8OuUVoL._SL1500_.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Never heard of this. But I'm a Coney Island fan (even though I never went there as a kid), and plan to buy Woody Allen's WONDER WHEEL, and already have THE LITTLE FUGITIVE and CONEY ISLAND. Just love those old amusement parks.

The Drifter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jim
Saw WTCIOAMFG...BBBF on the Blu disk earlier this year. Excellent indy film.

The story was solid; both funny & sad. As with the characters in the film, I think everyone that reaches a certain age can relate to having friends in high school/college, but then after school is over moving on & losing touch with these old pals due to life circumstances, moves, etc.

Good cast as well. I've never been a huge John Cryer fan, but I did like Ione Skye (even though she wasn't in the film much). And, it was interesting to see a pre-Sopranos Dominic Chianese (Uncle Junior) as a huckster - LOL.

I really liked the setting; Coney Island in winter may as well have been another character in the film. Though I've never lived in NYC, you always hear stories of CI in it's heyday. However, by the late '90's (when this film was released) this area wasn't nearly as popular as it once had been.

I was on vacation in NYC back in 2016, and did briefly go to CI. Though it was the summer, there weren't a lot of people there..but you could still tell it had been the "place to go" at one time.

In closing, this is one of those many '90's indy films that completely passed me by in the theater. And, I don't remember ever seeing this film on DVD. So, it's great to see this little known/little seen film released to Blu.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks