What's new

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (3 Viewers)

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
I tentatively have that Odd Couple set ordered (at a super $45 price!) - but can't decide as reports are it's still butchered, just like the DVDs (which I own and haven't yet fully watched). A huge part of me says "if that's the case, the DVDs are good enough."
I had been planning to buy a second copy of the DVD's as a backup when it went on sale. I'd wait, I was able to catch it on a two day sale for about $38 just slightly more than I paid for the DVDs several years ago. It briefly went down even farther to $34 but I couldn't get the existing order cancelled in time. The next day the price went back up.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I had been planning to buy a second copy of the DVD's as a backup when it went on sale. I'd wait, I was able to catch it on a two day sale for about $38 just slightly more than I paid for the DVDs several years ago. It briefly went down even farther to $34 but I couldn't get the existing order cancelled in time. The next day the price went back up.
Nice price! If I'd seen that $34 price I'd have ordered for exactly the same reason. $45 is high enough to give me pause... and why I *do* have it on pause. Considering all the vitriol it seems to be receiving due to still being edited I figure it won't be long before it's in the "bargain bin" price range for good.

dietcola

Second Unit
Real Name
les nessman
Barney Miller revised Shout! all-in-one (this one does have the bonuses of the original 2011 edition, but it does not have the Fish season that came in the original; IMO, this is a great thing, because Barney Miller is the main event, and Fish would have very much taken away from it)
bought this years ago, just unsealed it in december. very relieved it wasn't a bootleg!

i still think season three's the high point, but it does maintain a quality close to that for the rest of the series.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
For All Mankind Season One Blu-ray (10 episodes of the Apple+ 'what if?' SF series on a 4 disc Sony Blu-ray Region A set), seasons' two and three have already been released overseas, presumably to follow here at some point. Price was certainly right on this item when I snagged it.
1707078413327.png

1707078541755.png

1707078651439.png

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
The Flintstones Season 1
Includes banned episode "The Prowler."

Already purchased Season 3 (with an edited episode) a decade ago

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
Barney Miller revised Shout! all-in-one (this one does have the bonuses of the original 2011 edition, but it does not have the Fish season that came in the original; IMO, this is a great thing, because Barney Miller is the main event, and Fish would have very much taken away from it)

View attachment 211514

View attachment 211515
Of course there are 170 episodes of Barney Miller. Hour-long broadcasts are two-part episodes.

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
bought this years ago, just unsealed it in december. very relieved it wasn't a bootleg!

i still think season three's the high point, but it does maintain a quality close to that for the rest of the series.
I agree, the third season was the best. The loss of Fish brought down the 4th season along with the decision to stop taping in front of an audience, and the loss of Jack Soo in the late 4th season and again midway through the 5th. I thought the series rebounded in the 6th and 7th season, but the loss of director Noam Pitlik in the 8th brought that year down (even when replaced by Danny Arnold).

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
New Blu-ray: Special Ops: Lioness.

Old DVD: Route 66: The Complete First Season (Roxbury). With a nice sticker on the front: "All Episodes are now in Original Aspect Ratio". We shall see, but I'd only ever bought the original 1st half of Season 1, and was disappointed in the quality. But what the hell...

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
New Blu-ray: Special Ops: Lioness.

Old DVD: Route 66: The Complete First Season (Roxbury). With a nice sticker on the front: "All Episodes are now in Original Aspect Ratio". We shall see, but I'd only ever bought the original 1st half of Season 1, and was disappointed in the quality. But what the hell...
Yes aspect ratio is corrected Jerry. I rebought the same complete volume, but that won't help the image quality except of course, as I'm sure you know, select episodes are quite watchable, like for example, one of my favs, S01E05 The Strengthening Angels (Nov.04.1960), and who the heck knows why?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks