What's new

Where is Warner Archive? (1 Viewer)

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
I'm still waiting on my 4 for $44 order. I've gotten a couple of their emails basicallysaying don't worry be happy. But now I can't even check on it. Well, I am worried now and I'm not happy.
After being an amazing resource, Warner Archive has been a string of frustrations and disappointments. [...]

And now you can't follow up on orders from the Website? Uncool.
As a consumer who partook in every WAC 4 for $44 sale - but for this final one - I, too, find it altogether off-putting that their site was removed before all established orders were satisfied.

Too late now. They are gone. And little to be done, in terms of customer communications. IMHO, lasting reputations are also built on how a business behaves during their final bow; and customers deserve to have an outlet for access and a feeling of security. As it was, Twilight Time did not remove their website until all of their customer affairs were settled; therefore, the value of Twilight Time’s reputation - one year later - has now just further increased, in my book.

In regards to all those who are still awaiting their orders, I have little doubt that if one has already been billed on their Credit Card, then such said orders will eventually find their way to their designated doorsteps.

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Conflating Warner Archive and WbShop into the same bucket keeps making my head spin. Warner Archive hasn't had a direct retail website since probably 2013 or 2014.

One retailer (Wbshop/Araca Merchandising) that sold WA discs went under and did a fairly poor job of communicating with customers even before they pulled the plug -- bad form, but Araca wasn't a good retailer before they added the Warner line even for merchandise which was their main income source. Prices at WbShop were poor, but pretty much irrelevant outside 3 sales per year since there were a dozen other retailers selling the exact same thing most with much better prices -- discounting Amazon's unique MOD DVDR program which was by all accounts a pale imitation of the official DVDR sold by other stores.

After taking the orders, they farmed the orders over to a separate warehouse not owned/controlled by either Warner or Araca. The warehouse in Illinois doesn't have direct communications department and over the years has generally done a good job of getting orders processed, but they can't fulfill what's not in stock without permission to split shipments which WBShop virtually never did (nor does SHout, Kino, or many other small stores). Neither ATT, Warner, Araca, WbShop, Allied Vaughn nor the Warehouse can control how fast they can receive orders of the majority of the discs (the pressed DVD and BD) from Technicolor/Mexico and every studio has experienced agonizing delays with initial orders and restocks over the last year due to causes mostly out of the control of any of the companies involved.

Warner Archives still exists, is still putting out quality discs and apparently will at least for the year or so, then we'll see what happens after that

Can't speak the streaming segment.

People can chastise Warner/Warner Archive for not putting out titles they want to buy (pretty much same complaint with every other studio), but the actual output of what they did release was near the top of the skyscraper

Since virtually all orders were place through CC and/or Paypal, that certainly gives financial protection for at least 2-6 months after order, so at least another 20-30 days even on the conservative side. My reading of the CC Law seems to sy 60 days from when the statement with the Charge is generated, not the the actual charge date though I could be wrong. Even on the conservative side that date is still nearly a month away

Richard M S

Screenwriter
I haven't received either of my orders and I ordered early that Friday morning just to make sure I would be in this position. I'll miss the 4 for $44 sale, but WarnerArchive is releasing so many A+ films I would not have waited for a sale to buy anyway, so for now I don't mind it.

I just wish I'd get my orders.

Real Name
Mark Stenroos
I received an email yesterday informing me that my order has been dispatched via UPS and should arrive this Friday, 4/23.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
My order, placed on 3/12, arrived today. My haul was 15 discs (13 BDs, 2 DVDs).
Another order placed on 3/15 is still outstanding.

Last edited:

F451

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
Warner Archive sets an eviable standard in Blu-ray releases. My order arrived last week. Just watched my copy of The Harvey Girls last night and must say it looks and sound brilliant! Thank you WA!

Mark Mayes

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Mayes
Here's a little light on the subject:
Warner Bros. plans to shut down its physical media production department. A lot of Warner Bros-produced Films and Television series will still be getting Blu-Ray and DVD releases, though these releases will not be produced by Warner Bros themselves.
Additionally, straight-to-video projects at WB will be moved to streaming, making them HBO Max originals. Straight-to-video projects at WB include the home video Scooby-Doo movies and the animated DC movies, the latter of which went through a reboot last year with Justice League Dark: Apokolips War.
This move follows last year’s announcement of a pact by Universal Pictures Home Entertainment and Warner Bros. Home Entertainment to form a new joint venture that will distribute DVDs in North America for new releases, library titles, and TV content for up to 10 years.
Scooby-Doo! The Sword and the Scoob is the most recent straight-to-video Scooby-Doo film, with the next Scooby-Doo film being Scooby-Doo! and Courage the Cowardly Dog which has a vague 2021 release date. The most recent animated DC film is Batman: Soul of the Dragon, with Justice Society: World War II being planned for an April 27 2021 release date.
Furthermore, Warner Archive will still be kept around, for now. The Warner Archive Collection is a home video division for releasing classic and cult films from Warner Bros.’s library. It started as a manufactured-on-demand DVD series by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment on March 23, 2009, with the intention of putting previously unreleased catalog films on DVD for the first time.
While this might be shocking to fans of physical media releases, it is ultimately understandable that a media conglomerate like Warner Bros is planning to move out of the physical media space. This is likely due to the long and slow decline of physical disc sales. Sales of DVDs in the U.S. fell 9.4% in 2019, to $5.9 billion, down from about $9 billion in the U.S. in 2011, according to trade group DEG: The Digital Entertainment Group.
UPDATE: While Warner Bros is not abandoning home video media completely, the amount of Warner Bros films and shows that will be getting physical media releases will be going down as the idea is to develop more interest in HBO MAX

Last edited:

rojobin

Grip
Real Name
Bob
My order, placed on 3/12, arrived today. My haul was 15 discs (13 BDs, 2 DVDs).
Another order placed on 3/15 is still outstanding.
My order from 03/24 of 23 BluRays arrived today.
I was getting nervous..
But all is well. 🙂

Reactions: PMF

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Are there any Universal films or series that any of you think might come out via this joint venture?
Found myself thinking what Universal series (that haven't already come out) and my mind drew a blank.

--jthree

albert_m2

Second Unit
Real Name
Albert
Here's a little light on the subject:
Sales of DVDs in the U.S. fell 9.4% in 2019, to $5.9 billion, down from about $9 billion in the U.S. in 2011, according to trade group DEG: The Digital Entertainment Group.

Even with such a decline, we're still talking about billions.

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
I don't care about Warner's. Since they have refused to release the last season and a half of Paradise with Lee Horsley and their final 50s series Colt .45 & The Alaskans, none of out 900+ members in our TV Western collectors have bought anything from Warner's. They can go you know where, we will not spend any money on Warner product.
The Alaskans with Roger Moore is a day 1 purchase for me! I cannot believe it has never been released.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Just make a deal with KIno like Universal - to see the tons of great releases coming from Kino shows u blu ray and dvd are not dead NOT to mention the 4K releases from Paramount even Disney Movie Club - VCI giving us classic serials etc!

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
The Alaskans with Roger Moore is a day 1 purchase for me! I cannot believe it has never been released.
I would purchase Day one same as the Warner Detective shows. But this show has the same problem as the Detective shows it uses alot of songs which results in a music clearance nightmare and too expensive for them to care anymore for the small return they would get unfortunately.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Sign me up for Bachelor Father, too! I've got all of 77 Sunset Strip (don't ask/BAD PQ) and there was minimal music that I've encounted through Season Six. Mainly it's only the house band at Dino's, and this only in sporadic episodes. Imagine what was spent on the music rights for the Peter Gunn set!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bipbop13
Recent bookmarks