What's new

Please Don't Eat The Daisies Sitcom (1965-1967) (1 Viewer)

Hoagie78

Agent
Real Name
Chris
This short lived sitcom has not been seen in reruns for years. There was talk about a DVD release at one point, but nothing came of it. I think I read somewhere Warner Archive has the rights to the series.

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
They, at one time, had twenty episodes of the series on their website. I watched a couple from each season, but didn't get a chance to watch all of them. I did not realize that the first season was in b&w and the second season was in color.

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
Not exactly sure about this but the episodes for this series might not be in the greatest of shape and would require a costly remaster which could be why the DVD plans were scrapped. There's a similar situation with The Farmer's Daughter TV series which would also require a costly remaster.

FP62

Grip
Real Name
Frank P. Nolan
Season 1 episodes are in color. Only the pilot was in b&w. As for why the series was never released on DVD by WA, I remember hearing something about music rights issues. I'm still hoping against hope that those issues can eventually be resolved and we get some kind of release by the show's 60th anniversary in 2025.

FrankPitt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Frank
I'm wondering if music rights issues is why we haven't seen the 3rd and final season of The Flying Nun on DVD. I seem to recall Sally Field singing songs in some of those 3rd season episodes.
I believe Boyce and Hart also appeared in that season (although their Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie episodes made it to DVD intact).

Hoagie78

Agent
Real Name
Chris
On this series there is an episode with the Righteous Brothers, so maybe the record company is giving them a problem.

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
Season 1 episodes are in color. Only the pilot was in b&w.
Thanks for the correcting my assumption. I must've watched the pilot from Season 1 and 2-3 other episodes in Season 2 when it was on the Warner Archive website.
___

I recall in one episode that I watched growing up when it was being broadcast, when Patricia Crowley was handing out school lunches to the kids, being driven to school, she calls one of the kids by his real name and not his character name.

Why would I remember that?!

sjbradford

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
sjbradford
I’m not even convinced that the pilot was shot in B&W. I know it’s always shown in B&W in reruns. But the opening credits for the pilot are just a grayscale version of the season 1 color credits, and the closing credits include a “Color by Metrocolor” credit.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
i recall liking this show a lot. and i also recall watching it a lot. which would mean that i was watching reruns, as well.

in the los angeles area, at least some shows ran as re-runs, before the original episodes were finished.

the fugitive was on at either 12 or 1 in the afternoon, while it also played once a week in its regular night schedule

andy griffith was on during the morning, every morning in the 60s. i think it was still in its original show run.

bewitched and dragnet were also on a lot.

Hoagie78

Agent
Real Name
Chris
Back in the day when shows went into reruns while new episodes were being produced, they would sometimes re-name them. I have seen episodes of Andy Griffith retitled " Andy In Mayberry", Bonanza as " Ponderosa" etc...

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I remember this in a rerun syndication block when I was a kid with two other shows I would like to see again - The Ghost and Mrs. Muir and Nanny and the Professor
The Ghost and Mrs Muir is a wonderful family-oriented series. The entire series was remastered in both NTSC and PAL according to the guy who worked on them. I forget his name but he was posting in forums about the work he did on restoring the series. Sadly, it only received a PAL-format Australian DVD release. Several single-disc DVDs appeared on Amazon as MOD releases but I recall someone said they were sped-up, possibly because they used the PAL transfers. But the guy who worked on them made a point in saying that both formats were struck. I was able to get a fanmade set and they looked fantastic to me. Clearly, it would be a beautiful thing to see that series on bluray or even an official DVD. But with Disney now owning it, I believe, nothing will happen with it. :-(

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
Antenna TV recently ran through THE GHOST AND MRS. MUIR series on weekend mornings. The episodes had been remastered and looked great. But watching a show like this is tough with the sped-up soundtrack, editing and the closing credits reduced to a small box when the next episode begins.

Tom.W

Second Unit
The Ghost and Mrs. Muir and Nanny and the Professor aired uncut in 40 minute time slots on Get Tv in 2016. I think this was shortly after the Australian release of Ghost. They both looked very good. I seem to recall Nanny airing possibly on MeTv or one of its affiliates around that time.

FP62

Grip
Real Name
Frank P. Nolan
The Ghost and Mrs. Muir (another charming, rarely seen fave) was actually on Laff, not Antenna TV. Anyway, I wish that Warner Archive or some other streaming platform would run all of PDEtD.

sjbradford

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
sjbradford
Nanny and the Professor ran on Laff a month or two ago on Saturday mornings. The prints look awful. Too bad, because it’s such a charming little show thanks to its two leads, Juliet Mills and Richard Long.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
This short lived sitcom has not been seen in reruns for years. There was talk about a DVD release at one point, but nothing came of it. I think I read somewhere Warner Archive has the rights to the series.
I recorded them off TNT.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks