What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Will we be getting a 4K BD of "Sound of Music"? (1 Viewer)

Kevin Collins

Former owner, from the first state with COVID-19
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Collins
FotoKem restoration of Twentieth Century Fox's The Sound of Music will kick off the sixth annual TCM Classic Film Festival on 3/26/15.

FotoKem completed the restoration of the 65mm classic through 8K scans from large-format film elements and then down-sampled to 4K for restoration and digital cinema mastering.

Nice! Just the perfect digital resolution need for a 4K BD!!!!

Who will be the first to purchase then on 4K BD. :) Guess we wait and see when it comes out on 4K optical disc. I can't wait.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

edelweissflower

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
STEPHEN COWLEY
I hope we get 4k BD releases of all the Rodgers and Hammerstein films, although I dont suppose that will be possible with the 1945 film of 'State Fair' I think the ordinary BD release took that as far as possible given the orginal technology it was filmed it in.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Interesting how this thread was resurrected and the times we are in today compared to when this was first posted.

At the moment, I think chances are slim and none that we will see any Fox catalog titles released to 4k now that Disney has them under ownership.

However, never say never. The tides could change and the vaults could open. However, at the moment, Disney seems to be putting all their eggs into the streaming basket. That's where they see their revenue coming from.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
At the moment, I think chances are slim and none that we will see any Fox catalog titles released to 4k now that Disney has them under ownership.

1639802311097.png

Erik_H

Stunt Coordinator
Perhaps the best way to read the tea leaves here is to check Disney+. Unless "SOM" has been upgraded to 4K on Disney+ (and it hasn't as of this writing), then the chance of a 4K Blu release is probably unlikely.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks