What's new

Just spotted a brand new Ernie Kovacs Collection: The Centennial Collection from Shout-out on 11/13 (1 Viewer)

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
Just spotted a brand new Ernie Kovacs Collection from the Shout Factory folks that will be coming out on November 13, 2018 and here is that link and the official cover art of that set to celebrate what would have been his 100th Birthday:

https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/ernie-kovacs-the-centennial-edition?product_id=6903

EKCentennial.Cover.72dpi.jpg

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I have all the box sets including The Best of Ernie Kovacs release by White Star in 2000. I guess this new release has nothing new?
Shout Factory is doing nice job with these dvd sets but, after seeing the amazing transfers of Abbott & Costello, and the work that Classic Flicks did with season one. I wonder if the same could be done for The Ernie Kovaks’ materials? They, although nicely presented, pail agains this collection in viewing satisfaction. Shout Factory has many boxsets of EKs work and many classic routines, but to be able to see them again “Better” than we could have seen them back in the day of rabbit ears and attennas, would be a mind blower!!! After his wife died, who owns the rights to all of these wonderful classic TV materials? …asking for a friend, LOL!!!

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I have all the box sets including The Best of Ernie Kovacs release by White Star in 2000. I guess this new release has nothing new?
I am amazed at the amount of Ernie Kovacs surviving materials offered by Shout Factory on DVD yet no move towards doing what Classic Flicks was able to do with Abbott & Costello Season One!! It could be that these EK shows material are Rotoscope and not 35mm materials? But sure would be great to see him as clear as you are able to see the pristine examples set by CLassic Flix's team!!

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Just spotted a brand new Ernie Kovacs Collection from the Shout Factory folks that will be coming out on November 13, 2018 and here is that link and the official cover art of that set to celebrate what would have been his 100th Birthday:

https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/ernie-kovacs-the-centennial-edition?product_id=6903

EKCentennial.Cover.72dpi.jpg
with shout factory it seems more a case of quantity over quality? Maybe not, I realize it is a major undertaking to restore vidoe materials of this age, but with the tech capabilities that are on hand today, you'd think these advances would make these projects a bit more within the realm of doable? Since all these materials were givin to the Library of Congress for stewardship, now is the time for Shout Factory to make a move on all of these materials, not to mantion what thay have already released on DVD box sets, and really do a well deserved restorations to the genius that was the team EK with his amazing wife Edie Adams!!
They are listed as being held at UCLA in their archive.
these were moved to the Library of Congress since the death of EK wife Edie Adams...

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
I can't recall, did either of the SHOUT! sets include the DuMont material?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks