What's new

Press Release BVHE Press Release: 100 Years! 100 animated titles on Blu-ray (Blu-ray) (2 Viewers)

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Who ever said that this was to be the only big boxed set to be released for Disney’s 100th?

Who knows? Maybe there will be other thematic boxed sets - such as 100 years of live action - throughout the rest of the year. Just saying.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
throughout the rest of the year.
This is coming out on November 14. "The west of the year" after that is 47 days. They could release something else, but I'm not holding my breath.

As we know, live-action catalog titles have simply not been as much of a priority for Disney as their animated library. Even this release doesn't appear to have required much effort because all but one of these titles have been previously released on the format. I wouldn't expect anything further.

Reactions: PMF

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Who knows? Maybe there will be other thematic boxed sets - such as 100 years of live action - throughout the rest of the year. Just saying.
Unless I'm mistaken, Disney didn't get into the Live Action game until 1950 with Treasure Island, so there's still 27 years to go before "100 Years of Live Action" could comes to fruition. :cheers:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Unless I'm mistaken, Disney didn't get into the Live Action game until 1950 with Treasure Island, so there's still 27 years to go before "100 Years of Live Action" could comes to fruition. :cheers:
Disknee prolly uses the same accounting geniuses that said Star Trek Classic never turned a profit ... so all things are possible in Hollywierd ... if only you believe ...

1695360101095.png
in peanut butter ;) ...

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
If anyone is curious to see the boxed set, here is an unboxing video from someone who got it (disclosure: not me.) It certainly looks nice but doesn't seem particularly practical.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks