What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

App to Store Cards on iPhone (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I have the 6 plus. I'd like to find an app that stores various cards so I don't have to keep them in my wallet. The built-in Wallet app seems to be limited to payment cares and those cards for which there is another app (unless I've missed something). I'd like to store other kinds of cards, such as my AAA card, Sam's card, Kroger card, Regal Crown Club Card. Is there anything that does this?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Hey johnny. You can load your Kroger card to your iPhone Wallet. I've been using mine that way for about a year. I'm not sure about the rest. Some loyalty cards can be added but others, like my Petsmart Pet Perks card can't.

As far as an independent app to hold the rest of your cards, I can't help you there. Sorry.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Hey johnny. You can load your Kroger card to your iPhone Wallet. I've been using mine that way for about a year. I'm not sure about the rest. Some loyalty cards can be added but others, like my Petsmart Pet Perks card can't.

As far as an independent app to hold the rest of your cards, I can't help you there. Sorry.
My Wallet Gives me two choices, add cards for apple pay or Passes. Under Passes it says rewards cards but I have been unable to add the Kroger card.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Apple Pay is supposed to do this, but I don't think it's fully supported yet. I'm with you on this desire, and look forward to eventually thinning my wallet down.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
I use an app on my iPhone called CardStar for all of my shopping points cards (Staples, B & N, Best Buy, etc.). It also has my AAA, AMC Stubs, etc.

Clinton McClure

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I'm thinking I added my Kroger card to Wallet by going into "passes" and scanning the card's barcode which recognized it as a Kroger card.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I'm thinking I added my Kroger card to Wallet by going into "passes" and scanning the card's barcode which recognized it as a Kroger card.
I go into passes and I get "No passes available for this code" after scanning the bar code. It is possible the the card is so old it's not compatible. It does work at Kroger.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer

For iOS devices: the new Google Wallet app does not support gift cards, loyalty programs, or offers. If you would like to export items previously added to the Google Wallet app, you can easily export them in one of the following ways

To complete your post:

On your iPhone or iPad

Add them to Passbook

1. See a full list of your items
  2. Tap "Add to Passbook" for each one that you"d like to save
On your desktop

Download them as PDFs

1. Open our tool for downloading data
  2. Make sure the box next to "Google Wallet" is checked, then click "Next" and follow the instructions

Clinton McClure

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I go into passes and I get "No passes available for this code" after scanning the bar code. It is possible the the card is so old it's not compatible. It does work at Kroger.

Try this: Download the Kroger app to your iPhone and see if you can sign in to the app (you may have to create an online Kroger account if you don't currently have one) and it should add your card to Wallet. I thought that I had scanned the barcode but a quick google search revealed that I probably added it with the Kroger app.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I use the cardstar app for cards that Wallet iPhone app wont take.

Used it for years now and have had no issues with it.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
I just use my phone number. The clerk types it in and, bingo, away we go. No cards to carry and no iPhone app to fiddled with.

Mark

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
I just use my phone number. The clerk types it in and, bingo, away we go. No cards to carry and no iPhone app to fiddled with.

Mark

Pretty much every store is able to pull up my "rewards" via a quick ph# check. I don't carry cards, and I also don't need any apps..

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Pretty much every store is able to pull up my "rewards" via a quick ph# check. I don't carry cards, and I also don't need any apps..
This is like my Petsmart card. They ask for the phone number and don't really want the card. Kroger seems to prefer getting the card but phone number would work except at the gas pump. There a phone app won't scan so you have to add the card.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
This is like my Petsmart card. They ask for the phone number and don't really want the card. Kroger seems to prefer getting the card but phone number would work except at the gas pump. There a phone app won't scan so you have to add the card.

Yep, same for Walgreens, the cc swipe machine is set up for you to input your ph# in the minute the person starts checking you out.

Clinton McClure

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint

Go online or in the Kroger app and add your phone number as alternate ID. When you are at the Kroger pumps, it tells you to scan your card or enter alternate ID. Key in your phone number on the pump's keypad. I don't carry my Kroger card anymore once I learned that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xcvbszdfzsfsa
Recent bookmarks